Droid 2, what do you want to see?

krazyskott

Reaction score
1. Keep the metal construction
2. Shutter for camera protection.
3. HD screen (have you seen the screen on the HTC HD wow)
4. HD camera
5. I really don't care about a keyboard but if your going to have one make of functional.
6. Maybe a laptop like mouse.
7. Make the screen bigger(I love the screen now but again after seeing the HTC HD I was a little envyous

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
-Same construction and industrial style/feel
-4.3" hi-res AMOLED
-Better designed qwerty or none at all
-Faster processor
-720p video
-Better camera
-Optical trackpad

cpinto

Reaction score
Just a few items.

One solid unit, with no slide out keyboard, and a resulting thinner phone. More pocket friendly.

Better mic, .... clearer calls.

Rounded corners.

Move the volume button, and improve the button quality.

Software should better control the lighting of the soft keys. They have a mind of their own.

Better "call answer" tool. I hate the sliding thingy.

Move the prox sensor closer to the center. It sees my finger too often and blanks the screen.

Last edited:

Big Cam

Reaction score
More curved design, ditch the keyboard, make it as light as possible but still strong, maybe carbon fiber.

At least 2g's of RAM, onboard memory of 32gb, plus SD slots for two SD cards up to 64gb each, and a new battery that hasn't been invented yet that lasts for days on end no matter what kind of data you use and then charges in 5 minutes.

That technology is not so far away actually.(the charging bit)

barryp3403

Reaction score
BlueTooth

Please fix bluetooth so it is as compatible with all bluetooth devices as the older Motorola flip phones. I know this is a problem with Android and not Motorola but, gee whiz, they have some great engineers at both companies. Can't someone give us what Moto's old phones used to have in bluetooth compatibility? :mad:

cruzincat

Reaction score
Instead of a standard slide out keyboard, why not put a number keypad there, as well as some of the more common symbols, function keys etc?

DroidHoff

Reaction score
I actually like the form factor and feel of the Droid, it doesn't feel cheap! That being said the actual screen could be bigger in the same form factor (less black glass around the edges), the keyboard could be sunk in more allowing the keys to be raised without adding bulk, more RAM and on board memory, a front facing camera would be nice for skype video conferencing, and lastly I believe that the next Droid will be LTE compatible. The only thing that will make me leave my current Droid is the 4G LTE Version on VZW!

G'Ner

Reaction score
TV output pref hdmi w/digital audio
Keyboard that is better for playing emulators

R

Romple

then there's the wet dream features, 10mp camera with an actual good low light mode, 1080p video recording and playback, dual snapdragon @1.5ghz, heavy OS optimization for speed and battery life, AMOLED screen with AlON (that's transparent aluminum, for those who don't know) face and a more precise capacitive touch sensor, thinner.

I believe you want an OMAP4 based system. :)

It's not an overrated snapdragon, but the Cortex A9s are much sexier.

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score
I'm not saying it is a bad idea, but what is the purpose of HDMI out on a cell phone?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I had an Omnia 2 with video out and at first I thought that I'll never use this feature but as it turned out I was wrong , I used it quite a lot and it's a good feature to have .I used it for all sorts of things , from movies and games , to providing a solid color signal to a TV to detect burned pixels or damages screens .