what does everyone think of spb mobile shell 3d app ??????

rehuxley

Reaction score
I coughed up the money for this one and I am not disappointed. I am running Liberty 1.5 ROM on the Droid X and haven't had any lags or FC's over the course of the last 24 hours. Animation is smooth and the program intuitive. I don't like using landscape mode so this isn't such a big detail to me as it might be to others. I am hoping there will be more spb widget development as I would like to see a social widget added.

I would love to see screenshots of this set up on anyones droid. I don't know if we should set up another forum for it and leave this for general discussion?

solar

Reaction score
SPB has been around for a long time and i've used their stuff on windows mobile so i'm hopeful that they will update soon (especially for a $15 app!) But it is pretty cool looking.. :)

zero7404

Reaction score
u shouldn't have to compromise/give up landscape usage for a $ 15 UI overlay

solar

Reaction score
u shouldn't have to compromise/give up landscape usage for a $ 15 UI overlay
I completely agree! I didn't even know it lacked that feature until I had it. Thats why I rerely buy things that don't have a trial with the crappy new 15 minute refund policy. 15 mins just is not enough time to see if an app or game works. period.

solar

Reaction score
I coughed up the money for this one and I am not disappointed. I am running Liberty 1.5 ROM on the Droid X and haven't had any lags or FC's over the course of the last 24 hours. Animation is smooth and the program intuitive. I don't like using landscape mode so this isn't such a big detail to me as it might be to others. I am hoping there will be more spb widget development as I would like to see a social widget added.

I would love to see screenshots of this set up on anyones droid. I don't know if we should set up another forum for it and leave this for general discussion?

Here's a few pics for you.

zwade01

Reaction score
I'm not very impressed. Yes, it does a lot of cool things, but it feels cheap. I liked it on my old WinMo phone, but not so much on my Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

coltzfan

Reaction score
How can you get it to be the default launcher?? Every time I hit the home key it reverts back to the Default Launcher on Rooted GB X. Then I have to uninstall, and re install SPB. I really like the UI but I have no options to save it as the default....Any ideas??

bodean

Reaction score
just wondering what you all think about this fantastic app just bought it FOR 14.99 FROM THE MARKET iT WAS A GOOD CHUNK OF MONE BUT i AM NOT REGRETTING IT ........this is the greatest 15$ i SPENT ever

SPB Shell 3D: next generation user interface. Enjoy your phone!Next generation user interface. Enjoy your phone!
To launch SPB Shell 3D press the Home button once installation is completed.
Features:
3D Home screen/launcher
Smart folders
3D widgets
Collection of panels and widgets
Release notes:
Tablets are not supported
Live wallpapers are not supported (for performance reasons)
HTC Thunderbolt users: there is a chance of black screen on app launch. If you still decide to give it a shot, please contact support in case of any problems.
Please rate the app if you like it. If you have any questions or comments, please email us at [email protected].
Keywords: SPB Shell 3D, SPB Mobile Shell 5.0, home screen, launcher, widgets

SPB MOBILE 3d SHELL Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU84J1ShSQ&feature=player_embedded

Too expensive. That company always price gouges. Rather spend my $15 at the movies.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I waited for Mobile Shell on Android for over a year only to be disappointed . I loved the Mobile Shell 3.5 on WinMo , this one not so much , it slows the phone to much even though the processor now is 10 times faster that the processor on which I was running 3.5 and it doesn't have as much functionality as 3.5 . This could've been good but it failed , IMO TouchWiz or Sense are better

rehuxley

Reaction score

Here's a few pics for you.

Thanks for sharing. I will try to post up some of mine. How did you change icons to the little droids? Those look like ones from ADW I have used in the past.

rehuxley

Reaction score
How can you get it to be the default launcher?? Every time I hit the home key it reverts back to the Default Launcher on Rooted GB X. Then I have to uninstall, and re install SPB. I really like the UI but I have no options to save it as the default....Any ideas??

use home switcher app and then clear defaults before choosing SPB Shell. That should do it.

zero7404

Reaction score
so u need an app to set the default launcher ? ... thats just silly

posted via android

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been running it for a day now on my D2 and I think I like it. I mean it looks amazing....seems pretty fast too....I dare say faster than LPP. But it took forever to start the first time and seems to delay boot a bit. But I have only restarted once so I can't really say there.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Well I was running a version other than paid and uh would default back to the stock launcher. I paid for it and it is a great launcher.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums