Droid 2...what we want

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a certain "crack" site forum. Always dreaming of the next phone... because what was offered were all cookie cutter versions of each other.... not the case with the Droid.
I don't want a Droid 2... I want my Droid :)
to be fair, the next DROID is already in development. these devices take years to research, develop, manufacture and market. other phones that Moto decides to release were subsequent of the original release. if a revision to the DROID were to arrive, it would be 2-3 years from now.

with that said, i LOVE the styling of my DROID. chin or not, i've come to get used to it. the length and width are damn near perfect and i can actually put the phone under my ear, while resting it on my shoulder.

i want the device to remain exactly the same with a few improvements. the lip surrounding the screen should be flush with the screen, the d-pad should be a similar material to the keyboard, the outside buttons need to be stronger and moisture resistant and the gap between the screen and keyboard should be closed up a little.

beyond that, moto should concentrate on shoving more powerful hardware in the same package as well as producing a slightly larger battery in the same space. they should also redesign the battery door to include a clip at the top to further secure it.

oh and lose the LED flash and replace it with a xenon (wishful thinking).
I know they're already working on the next phone... technology doesn't sit still.... I was just saying I don't have any desire for another Droid because I'm happy with mine. :)

BigCityVa

Reaction score
I want it to transform into a car that gets 1000 miles to the gallon, and I can drive at speeds of over 100 miles an hour. Come on Motorola, step your game up!!

Foy

Reaction score
cyber droid

Yes, and would have been my phone had it been at the Verizon store that day.

Extremely satisfied with my Moto Droid just never use the slide out.

Foy
Las vegas

pushdrops

Reaction score
you can't win in this field , at least the Droid is nice

yes and i just bought a Droid last month, can't win!

i'll just stick with the Droid (only real dislikes it's washed out screen <poor contrast vs the only other phone i have access to compare, my wife's Eris>> , poor keyboard <rather no h/w kb, i only use and like the Droid's virt kb> , would prefer a slightly wider <not taller> aspect ration & AMLED screen) .

The Droid will make do until next year when there should be an even nicer HTC N1 like model avail (with Sense UI I hope as I really dig the ERis' interface) .

huskur

Reaction score
Since I'm happy with what I've got, I'll say my next phone will have 4G support and that'll be after 4G is widely deployed. That gives you a pretty good idea of how happy I am with the Droid cause that's gonna be a while.

I think you will be suprised on how fast the 4G LTE is rolled out. I read that the droid will just take a simple OTA upgrade when that happens. Your "3G" icon will simply change to "4G" and i was assured its as easy as that. Software upgrade only. Currently 4G is being beta tested in many markets. Just cross our fingers and wait for the rollout:) I'm looking forward to it. There is only 3 things i am really waiting for:

Flash 10.1
4G LTE

thegipper

Reaction score
3. Quiet time setting. The phone has a clock, it should be able to figure out that I really don't want to hear "DRRROOOOIIIIDDD" at 2 AM scaring the nightmares out of me in bed. My old Moto pager can do that so why can't the far more advanced Moto Droid?

5. Do something about the battery life roller coaster ride. I understand that the more things are going on that the shorter the battery life is going to be, but it would be nice to know if your battery usage is getting excessive and putting the device into a death spiral before it actually croaks.

For 3&5 try Locale
I have a profile called sleep i set when i goto sleep. I work nights and have a strange sleep schedule. I also have a low battery condition that triggers when the battery goes below 20%. Check it out, i would guess you can set the phone to keep quiet from 10pm till 8am with Locale.