Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

pappe you can look in the battery manager to see what's eating up your battery... how old is your phone? If it's a year or so the battery is probably just aging, lipo batterys only live so long with usage like our phones so you might just be on the last leg of the battery.

If your batt is old you can get a new one on newegg for cheap or an extended one for like 17 bucks shipped... i just got one and i've been heavily using my phone since 9am and it's still at 60%

Bootlogo question

OK I just flashed MIUI from Liberty and I still get the liberty boot logo.

Is this the problem that others have talked about?

Can I change it to something else and if so, how do I go about that?

Thanks,

TB27

Thanks,

TB27

If you mean boot logo as in the "M" logo that appears on stock D2's, MIUI doesn't touch the boot logo as far as I know...you'd either have to SBF or use a boot logo changer to get the boot logo back to stock or to something aside from Liberty.

Thanks,

TB27

OK I think I screwed up big time.

I reinstalled liberty toolbox and went and changed the bootlogo back to the stock "M"

Now all that happens when i try to open any app is I get a FC.

How to I reflash the ROM to see if this will fix anything since I dont want to use Droid 2 bootstrap anymore

Last edited:

Thanks,

TB27

OK I think I screwed up big time.

I reinstalled liberty toolbox and went and changed the bootlogo back to the stock "M"

Now all that happens when i try to open any app is I get a FC.

How to I reflash the ROM to see if this will fix anything since I dont want to use Droid 2 bootstrap anymore

You can't get into ROM Manager then?

None of your apps will open?

Have you rebooted?

You might have to go in to Stock recovery and wipe data to see if that helps....if you can't get to ROM Manager you likely can't get into CWR.

I had ROM Manager downloaded but it is not showing up. because I updated to 1.77.01 or what ever it is

Is there anyway to side loaded and get it to work?

Last edited:
anyone having problems with the stock messenger service? new texts dont go to the top of the messenger app.. really annoying cause i like the stock app

what do you mean they don't go to the 'top'? in the message thread view, my new messages arrive at the bottom. in the conversation view, do you mean the new message threads jumping to the top of the conversation view aren't working?

anyways, now that that was confusing as hell, my app seems fine and nothing is unnormal. And i as well enjoy how this messaging app works, its one of the main reasons I'm keeping the rom for now.

a suggestion however, consider adding the ability to change vibration settings!!! its such a great feature, i love making my own vibrate pattern but don't want to get another app to do it

I had ROM Manager downloaded but it is not showing up. because I updated to 1.77.01 or what ever it is

Is there anyway to side loaded and get it to work?

You should be able to download the free version of ROM Manager - google it...put it on your SD card and run the APK to install it.

what do you mean they don't go to the 'top'? in the message thread view, my new messages arrive at the bottom. in the conversation view, do you mean the new message threads jumping to the top of the conversation view aren't working?

anyways, now that that was confusing as hell, my app seems fine and nothing is unnormal. And i as well enjoy how this messaging app works, its one of the main reasons I'm keeping the rom for now.

a suggestion however, consider adding the ability to change vibration settings!!! its such a great feature, i love making my own vibrate pattern but don't want to get another app to do it
you know when you receive a new txt msg you open your messaging app and usually the newest text is at the top (sorted by time) mine is random, the contact at the top says last received at 11:45am then the one below will say received 5min ago at 11:57am which would be the text i just got. ill try to get a screen shot up soon

you know when you receive a new txt msg you open your messaging app and usually the newest text is at the top (sorted by time) mine is random, the contact at the top says last received at 11:45am then the one below will say received 5min ago at 11:57am which would be the text i just got. ill try to get a screen shot up soon

Papp: Montecarlo is referring to the contact list in the SMS app...where you see your contacts who you have been texting with, and as he notes, the contact w/the most recent text should be at the top of the list, and it isn't on my D2 either in the stock MIUI message app. (I use Handcent and it works perfectly on MIUI so I don't have to worry about this issue...)

yeah I think I get it. I think they call that view the conversation view in the third party sms apps (gosms, handscent, that other one i forget the name of). They call it that because it holds the list of all of your current conversations, and now that I know what youre talking about, I agree with the problem.

Mine doesnt either, for example ill have a conversation with a new text message halfway down the list of all of my conversations and it wont jump to the top like it should being the only conversation with a new message.

how do you guys normally get the friday updates? I just saw the thread with the changelog but rom manager premium isnt finding the update. How long does it take normally for it to get on rom managers lists?

how do you guys normally get the friday updates? I just saw the thread with the changelog but rom manager premium isnt finding the update. How long does it take normally for it to get on rom managers lists?
MIUI.us UNITED WORLDWIDE - MIUI 1.7.29 Changelog
nm i read your post wrong i thought you were looking for the changelog
we have to wait till framework ports it over to us

Last edited:
dang, he has to port every update? thats dedication.\

whats normal procedeure for installing the ported update? wipe data? what has to be mounted? just wanna make sure I do it right. I hate screwing up on a little mistake

should be the same as cm7 just wipe cache and dvalik cache and install.. obviously anything can go wrong so if it does thats the only time i wipe data. i got through 14 nightlies of cm7 before i started having issues

Back