Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

gotcha gotcha thanks!

not a technical question but has anybody found a messaging theme thats something like the iphone with the bubbles? I really like that style of messaging (not trying to make my droid the iphone tho since we all know droid>>iphone lol)

Also my 2 cents about the system so far:

1. Need volume controls for different volumes. ie master volume vs alarms vs media etc
2. App drawer integration would be great however definitely not necessary lol
3. Ability to boot into CW recovery (yea i know this one is well known lol)
4. When looking in themes a "Most popular" selection at the top instead of all vs. latest would be nice

Other than that this ROM is fantastic and I give kudos to the dev (both the ones here and the original creators) love the smoothness and feel of the system very sleek

Only #3 can be changed. Other than that its a closed source rom so only the original developers (in china) can change things around like that.

As for your theme, find an iPhone theme but only apply the messaging part and that should work. There's on in the theme manager somewhere

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

It's in Settings>System>Date & Time. No more Verizon Wireless :icon_ banana:

209hgdv.png
2yp0m4y.png

It would be nice to have a screen capture in the drop down like CM7.

Only #3 can be changed. Other than that its a closed source rom so only the original developers (in china) can change things around like that.

As for your theme, find an iPhone theme but only apply the messaging part and that should work. There's on in the theme manager somewhere

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Thanks for the quick replies.

Out of my own curiosity what's the development rate on this rom like? Quikcly evolving or is it just chugging along or fizzing out?

I think there is a new build released every fri (if I remember correctly).

CM74D2-2.3.5

Yeah, I've been curious, since MIUI releases are developed natively in Chinese, is there lag time is between development and release of the updates for us, and also how quickly will Framework integrate the weekly updates into our build...

That is one of the things I miss from CM...nightlies. :)

Ilikewaffles:

my menu doesnt show the same options.I dont have 'show clock' or 'date format and carrier options'

im on the latest .1 patch, what are you on?

nightlies would be great but i understand why it doesn't happen :/

And I have the same question as papp_e. I'm on .1 and it doesn't work for me either is there a fix for this or does it just not work with the newer release?

Boot into cwm and before flashing the zip file, go to mounts and storage and mount /system. then install the zip and reboot. should be good to go

gotcha didn't know we had to mount the system (guess I should have assumed but I'm always nervous to mount that after my soft-brick lol)

worked like a charm thanks for the help!

Boot into cwm and before flashing the zip file, go to mounts and storage and mount /system. then install the zip and reboot. should be good to go

wait what .zip? the rom .zip, the .1 release .zip or some other .zip??

wait what .zip? the rom .zip, the .1 release .zip or some other .zip??
this was for the extended settings to get rid of the Verizon Wireless in the notification bar a couple pages back.

also, Anyone gotten swype to work with this? I restored the installer app (not data) from liberty 0.9 and downloaded swype. after clicking install, it tries, but immediately fails. Anything I need to do?

So now that people have been running this for a while, is battery life any better than, cm7?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Back