DROIDX and DROID2 Finally Receive MIUI Ports!!

barski

Reaction score

You all know MIUI by now, don’t you? This would be one of the few ROMs that actually gives you a completely new user experience. We released the port of the new overhaul last week for the original DROID, but today, it’s all about the DROIDX and DROID2. This has been one of those ROMs that wouldn’t make its way onto either device because of its stingy bootloader. Well, thanks to our boy @cvpcs who figured out his 2nd-init magic for some CM7 goodness, we now have MIUI. Huge props to the MIUI team (Frameworks43) for getting this out to us.

Download: DROIDX | DROID2
Instructions:
1. Drop on .zip on SD card.
2. Boot into recovery and make a backup.
3. Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Load up MIUI.
5. Enjoy!

NOTES:
You MUST be on CyanogenMod 7 or .340 Froyo to flash this rom!
Remember to wipe before flash!
Don't worry if you get a bootloop, Its normal!
Also, when rom is booted, MAKE sure to select a ringtone! [Settings -> Sound Settings->Ringtone]

Full support can be found at these two RootzWiki threads: DROIDX | DROID2

Source: MIUI

Last edited:

jp1m16

Reaction score
Oh boy. I'm on liquid and do love it but I am gonna give it a shot. Does it have ability for the FM radio???

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kinda looks iPhone-ish to me. Like iOS with Widgets.

CM74DX

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I just backed up my CM7, along with all my apps via mybackup pro. Downloaded MIUI and now going to flash. dancedroid

jp1m16

Reaction score
Really. I'm downloading now. Does it have FM radio

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
Really. I'm downloading now. Does it have FM radio

Didn't see it in the system/app folder. If people would stop txting me i would have this done by now.

leonozug

Reaction score
I think this is pretty cool...I used to flash MIUI on my Droid 1 all the time. Probably gonna have to give it a try!!

jp1m16

Reaction score
Thanks barsky. I'm gonna try it. Now I should be good comin off of liquid?

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
It's really iphoneish, Definitely has a few perks i wish CM7 had.

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
It's really iphoneish, Definitely has a few perks i wish CM7 had.

Like what? How would you compare it to CM7?

CM74DX

One thing i like is when you pull the notification bar down there is 2 tabs, one is notifications the other is toggles. I'm going to love that feature.

I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but its pretty much set up like the iphone, big bubbly icons. The settings page looks just like iphone stuff. I don't like that its all folders, and no main spot where all your apps were like on all other Android Roms.

Idk, i'll play with it for a while and see how i like it.

Update: Another thing that is pretty sweet is the Theme manager. you can download piles of boot animations, unlock screens, wallpaper, system themes, and more.

Last edited:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Okie dokie.. I'm excited about getting back onto MIUI.. I had it on my OG Droid before I upgraded to the X.

That being said... it's been since January that I've installed any ROM's onto a phone and that was my original Droid.. I am currently full stock, unrooted GB and I understand that I need to SBF back to FroYo.. NP there.

My question is this.. do I need to root FroYo (I'm guessing yes.. shouldnt be a problem) and after that do I need to use DXBootstrap to get into recovery to flash MIUI or what?

A little help would be appreciated here :)

TSON

Reaction score
omg i am in love. this is my first MIUI flash ever and after getting over the lack of an app drawer, I have to say... This is beautiful, and probably the snappiest, most overwhelmingly functional AOSP ROM i've ever tried. I really hope it doesn't go the road of CM7 with no updates for a month. I wonder when it'll show up in ROM manager..
I also wish there were more options to get through the themes. It's missing basic functionality like search...Most Popular...etc.

Speeding Wheels, yeah. That would work fine.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okie dokie.. I'm excited about getting back onto MIUI.. I had it on my OG Droid before I upgraded to the X.

That being said... it's been since January that I've installed any ROM's onto a phone and that was my original Droid.. I am currently full stock, unrooted GB and I understand that I need to SBF back to FroYo.. NP there.

My question is this.. do I need to root FroYo (I'm guessing yes.. shouldnt be a problem) and after that do I need to use DXBootstrap to get into recovery to flash MIUI or what?

A little help would be appreciated here :)

Yes, root Froyo, then use bootstrap to install the files.

LGX v2.4