DX MIUI Factory Reset on EVERY reboot

Redjak

Reaction score
I don't see a MIUI ROM thread, so if there is one I'd just ask the mods to move this to the right thread.

I updated my phone to Gingerbread 2.3.5, rooted it using the 1-click method on a Windows computer, and then put the MIUI DX ROM on my SD card. I got Gingerbread on my phone using SBF Flash for Linux because my phone wasn't being recognized in RSD. Anyway, I booted into Droid2Bootstrap Recovery, cleared my cache, reset the phone to factory defaults, and cleared the Delvik cache, went to "Apply Update from .ZIP," chose the MIUI .ZIP archive I put in the root directory of my SD card, and applied it. It boots up fine, runs great, connects to Verizon without any troubles, but I have 3 big issues.

1. The flashlight app (Torch) that comes with MIUI doesn't work at all. It force closes but stays running in the memory every time I use it, and if I wake my phone up from sleep to the lock screen using the home key, it starts Torch because of the home key long-press flashlight feature when you're on the lock screen.
2. Themes don't work. Period. The first time I turned my phone on everything worked great, including Torch, but after the first factory reset when I tried rebooting, themes and Torch don't work at all.
3. The obvious, my phone does a complete factory reset every time I reboot it, shut it down, pull the battery, etc. And by complete, I mean that when I turn it back on, it boots into MIUI, but I have to set up my Google account, call in to activate my phone with Verizon, it wipes all my apps and any configurations I had made, etc. It's a huge pain because as much as I love MIUI, this is definitely a deal-breaker, not being able to ever let my phone completely shut down. I can't boot into recovery using MIUI's recovery tool OR the CyanogenMod Recovery option either.

Anyone who can help me in any way with this, I will appreciate it VERY very much. As I said, I love MIUI, but not being able to use it simply because of this problem would really stink.

TL;DR I put MIUI on my phone (the right way...trust me), and now the Torch app and Themes app don't work at all, and whenever I power down my phone and turn it back on (this includes reboots and recovery reboots), it does a complete factory reset. D:<

DJxPanda

Reaction score
So i have miui gb on my dx. What version are you using? Im usuin 1.9.61.1 i belive it is. That one fixes a lot of issues that 1.9.61 had. Theres a newer version out but i havent tested that out. My only other suggestion is to do a full on factory reset. Thts odd that ur phone isnt recognized by rsd. But id do a FULL on go back to froyo and do the OTA update of GB which is the .602 or .605 one and then go from there. Ive never heard of those problems before tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums