Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

So under battery usage, i normally would like to see display taking the most, followed by android OS and system. but in my phone, it shows android OS as 40% of the battery usage, media server is 33% and android system is 14% with display only being 11%.

what is media server and why are the three things taking up more battery than my display?

do u have the 4x1 music widget on one of your screens? do u have background data on?

Say I wanted to get back to liberty gingerbread. Could I just restore my backup of the stock ROM, flash the gingerbread rom, then restore my backup to liberty gb rom?

do u have the 4x1 music widget on one of your screens? do u have background data on?

nah, no music widgets, no 'media' things really at all...and i have bg data turned on, always have for every rom and 'media services' or whatever its called never takes this much juice

I just figured out the shortcut to screenshots is down volume and menu at the same time. I hear the capture but where does it store them? I can't find them anywhere!!!

oh...that explains it. the changelog as well as camera shutter sound when pressing the buttons sure doesnt allude to that

That's a general change log. The things listed there may or may not work for our device as its still getting bugs worked out. You also have to look out for our device changelog

When I check battery usage the entire list is populated with 0% and the tiime since disconnected says 0. If I click an entry or wait a bit it force closes. I charged and ran battery calibration but I still get the same result. Anyone else having this issue.

Edit: Sorry, I think I have it figured out. There is setting to turn off monitoring which is the default.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OK finally got MIUI up and running on my D2.

Quick question though?

How do I access my SD card/notifications to transfer data between my computer?

The SD card doesnt show up as an available drive on my computer.

Plug in w/usb, remove, then plug in again, USB notification should appear in your status bar, select it and choose the sd card access option...

Is that not working?

After all the problems that I had installing MIUI last week and ROM Manager disappearing from my app list and a vast majority of my apps forceclosing every time I tried to open on of them I was able to downloaded a zip of ROM Manager and got it up and running tried everything you mentioned below and it wouldn't work so I reflashed MIUI and everything seems to be working at the moment. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Plug in w/usb, remove, then plug in again, USB notification should appear in your status bar, select it and choose the sd card access option...

Is that not working?

Back