Do You Like The New Droid X?

Reaction score
Two part answer. Yes just use your back button when you leave an app this is better then just pressing home. Second, when you're on you computer you see several sites you have opened across the top and on a computer all are running in the background and this is what we are accustomed to. Now on a android phone when a app is shown in the running services its actually froze there not using your processor. This is how it was explained to me...if you were at home and wanted to play 3 board games and they are all in the basement do you run up and down the stairs 3 times or do you bring them all up at the same time? When their all there you can use one but you have the others right there when you need them. Your phone well clear out the apps it has not used in a while as it see's fit

This is why app killers are harmful to use. Some apps need to run for your phone to run correctly like weather and such. I know this is a long winded answer but i hope it helps. If you need any more help just ask :)

So I am using advanced task killer. I have it in crazy kill level. I should not be killing everything in the manager?

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Ok I got my incredible in the mail 4 days ago. I love it BUT I have 30 days to return it and pay the restocking fee and get the X.

Droid X users, should I do it? Anyone upgrade from the incredible? I did try out the phone for about 5 minutes today at the store. To me it was slower than the incredible with responses and just over all performance. The other two big things I DID like were the faster camera and the battery life I heard is much better.

Can anyone tell me how there battery is doing compared to there incredible if that is the case? Or if it wil last a full day?

I NEED GUIDANCE!

I have an Incredible and have decided to hold on to it for a few more days because the X has failed to impress me as much as i hoped it would. I think that there are a few things that the Incredible does better.

nwlake

Reaction score
I am impressed with this phone, I have been using apple devices for the past three years, the Droid X is a major step forward in smart phones. The only deal so far is a Wi-Fi issue, will work on that this weekend to see what the deal is.

What is your Wi-Fi issue? I am waiting to purchase the Droid X, until I get some feedback on the reliability of the mobile hotspot, which would be my only internet connection for my laptop (I currently tether an LG Dare as a modem, but can't afford two Verizon data plans). I read one review mentioning that the mobile wifi was inconsistent, which would drive me crazy.

SemperDroid

Reaction score
I received my X today in the mail as a replacement/upgrade to my Droid. Given 2/3 of a days use, I would say that I had better power management on the Droid running Kangerade or CM6 so far but it is really to early to tell. I was hammering it loading apps on it.

On to other features, I am amazed. Performance is easily 2X that of the droid. The screen looks brilliant. WIFI is kicking butt. The screen touch is highly responsive.

This device rocks and I will most likely purchase another for my wife to replace her Droid. Last and most astonishingly is the fact that it seems to weigh about half as much.

All in all, if you have an opportunity to have one then you would be denying yourself.

I forgot to mention the device's phone ability is easily 2X the Droid. It picks up signal better and sounds amazing...

Last edited:

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I got my X yesterday and am very happy with it. The size is my favorite part. I can actually read everything on it now. swype is my second fav feature. I can "type" at lightning fast speeds now! LOL and google voice, totally amazing.

However, I'm not at all impressed with the volume of the ringtones. The Droid I could hear ring even if I was outside. The X however, nope. I'm lucky if I can hear it from the next room. :(
Also I had problems with the app PDaNet. Just couldnt get it to work, so I ended up putting my droid on another phone line I had and that will just stay as my modem.

So all in all, yep I'm glad I got it. Its great for us old ladies that are half blind..LOL...but not good for us that are half deaf :p

dragozoid

Reaction score
I got my X on launch day and it's awesome. Mine is super smooth with no lag whatsoever. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal coming from a 1.25GHz Droid running 2.2 but was I wrong. Everything about the X is much smoother and the larger screen makes it way more enjoyable for web browsing and such.

ChrisEvo8

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1, Incredible, Nexus One, and an X (they're purchased for app testing). So far not seeing any lag in the browser or anywhere else on the X relative to the Nexus One or Incredible. It's leaps and bounds quicker than the Droid 1, which always had trouble with complex forum sites or news blogs such as engadget/autoblog/etc.

So far my only "complaint" is sudden battery death, e.g., dropping from 40-60% to 5% in one shot. I fully charged the phone (via USB) before using it. I don't think this is actually a problem here, I'm guessing the battery has to be broken in. If not, then it's a bad battery, and that's easy enough to solve.

So far I haven't had any issues with apps, haven't noticed any trouble with our own apps.

Here's a screenshot of battery usage so far today...battery life was great until the sudden death issue (again...really think this is NOT A PROBLEM with phone or battery, it likely just needs a full overnight charge or two).

how did you get a screenshot of the droid x?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So I am using advanced task killer. I have it in crazy kill level. I should not be killing everything in the manager?

Shouldn't be using a Task Killer at all.

sgdossey

Reaction score
I am coming from the original Droid. Overall, I like the DroidX. My only complaints are the ridiculous amount of bloatware that you can't uninstall. Also some of it keeps starting up and eating up memory. I did load LauncherPro and in my experience it is much faster moving around than in the default home screen.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am coming from the original Droid. Overall, I like the DroidX. My only complaints are the ridiculous amount of bloatware that you can't uninstall. Also some of it keeps starting up and eating up memory. I did load LauncherPro and in my experience it is much faster moving around than in the default home screen.

It's not eating up memory. The android os starts that stuff so it will be immediately available if you need. If the os needs additional memory, it will remove something that isn't being used. It will manage the memory all on it's own. No need for a task killer.

sgdossey

Reaction score

It's not eating up memory. The android os starts that stuff so it will be immediately available if you need. If the os needs additional memory, it will remove something that isn't being used. It will manage the memory all on it's own. No need for a task killer.

I do get that, if just bothers me that stuff is starting up that I will NEVER use.

ben1284

Reaction score
The main thing that turned me away from this phone is the blah notification bar and no future for theming..I could care less about overclocking this phone cause its already fast..so my ? Is this..will there ever be a way to black out the notification bar on this phone without having su privileges and root? If so its a done deal..if not them I'm waiting for the samsung fascinate!