Do You Like The New Droid X?

mengh33

Reaction score
I am thinking of heading over to the store to pick one up. I got to use the demo version and I did like it, only thing I was iffy on was the size. I am on the iPhone 3gs so am used to the touch screen, but sucks when you can't make a call!

Just wondering of you that picked up the X already, do you like it?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Going from an iPhone to a Droid, Droid X, Inredible, etc.. is the best move you could ever make.

K

killabyte

I just got done playing with my boss's and it was ok. I really didn't like the texting app. It does the chat bubbles. It was like going back in time too when you pull down the notification bar and it wasn't transparent, it was the old blah gray bar. I think i've just been spoiled by that nextheme. The font and transparency, all of it, that's how the droid should've shipped in the first place. Anyone that has used my phone has said how much they like my theme.

Easy to hold though and rather light. The panoramic camera is cool although really not necessary in a phone. Otherwise from what I could tell it was just a bigger droid.

2xhighpsi

Reaction score
I just got mine.

Its a super nice phone, HOWEVER it is a tad laggy compared from my incredible that I just returned. I love the feel of it in my hands, and the hump on the back of the phone is nice.

I aml happy with my decision because the incredible was a disappointment for me in every other way besides its speed. Coming from a Droid, to an Incredible, to this I am not disappointed. Just my .02

klumos

Reaction score
Absolutly amazing phone, I was kind of skeptical going from my droid to the X without the keyboard. No regrets what so ever amazing phone.

rsarno

Reaction score
I just got mine.

Its a super nice phone, HOWEVER it is a tad laggy compared from my incredible that I just returned. I love the feel of it in my hands, and the hump on the back of the phone is nice.

I aml happy with my decision because the incredible was a disappointment for me in every other way besides its speed. Coming from a Droid, to an Incredible, to this I am not disappointed. Just my .02

I would be interested in hearing why the dInc disappointing you. Feel free to post here, or PM to me.

I am about to buy 2 of them.

mig991

Reaction score
Not very tech savvy, but cant wait to learn on here about the possiblilities for this phone.

Just came on to say the was a little worried about the size, small hands, but it is not uncomfortable at all. It feels lighter than the Dare I am coming from.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
I just got mine.

Its a super nice phone, HOWEVER it is a tad laggy compared from my incredible that I just returned.

I would be interested in hearing why the dInc disappointing you. Feel free to post here, or PM to me.

I'm interested to hear the differences as well. I'm in my worry free time now.

AtlPikMan

Reaction score
So the line up goes....

Good to best Droid, Droid 2 (When its released) and the best Droid X?

dlopan

Reaction score
Yes. It's really good compared to the Storm1 I had.
Easy to use. I really like the interface.

2xhighpsi

Reaction score
I just got mine.

The Incredible is a great phone - dont get me wrong.

I had issues with the battery getting hot (I know all these phones do, but this got almost unbearable), I had force-closes almost every hour, as well as the my photo gallery just disappearing one day. The call quality is not at all pleasing, and of course - the battery life sucks (stock battery though, didn't try extended).

Another thing that bothered me was the phone's UI itself. The dialer for making a phone call is almost overly complicated. When you need to make a call and you are preoccupied with something else, the dialer is difficult to use.
Of course, this is my own personal opinion. I know that there are apps that are out there that can take the place of the stock dialer, but personally, I tend to avoid running too many apps in the background.

I never had HALF of the force-closes as I did with the Inc in the first week I had it. My droid was stock and I ran all the same apps as I did with the Inc.

Overall, I would advise you make a decision based on what you like best. If you dont like it, you have 30 days to return it.

The Inc is a FAST phone - and with LauncherPro Beta, it is even faster. The camera is AWESOME. Best pics I have taken with a phone. The size was great, but I prefer the large screen on the X. That was a huge motivator to switch.

Rubi22

Reaction score
This thing is epic. Just picked it up. Better than i expected.

BrianV

Reaction score
loving the phone so far.... only two complaints so far.. 1. even when cranked all the way up, ring tones and notifications WAY to low... 2. the new facebook moto app, syncs all your friends to your account and cant only sync the one you want... only way to delete them in your contacts is to delete them off FB

OP
M

mengh33

Reaction score
What were you on before? What do you like best about it? Do you think you would need some time to adjust to the size of it?

dieselpowered

Reaction score
loving the phone so far.... only two complaints so far.. 1. even when cranked all the way up, ring tones and notifications WAY to low...
I have found this to be an issue on all the Droids, I had the Moto Droid, The Incredible, and will have the Droid X tomorrow...If there is anything they can take from the Blackberry...louder ringtones, or louder speaker, or something!