Do You Like The New Droid X?

darreno1

Reaction score
I must be lucky. I picked up one that doesn't lag. Yeah the transitions aren't fluid smooth (mostly because of the Moto widgets) but lag? Nah, this thing is quick, noticeably quicker then my modded Droid. The internet browsing is also faster and voice quality clearer. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Droid but it's now going on Ebay hopefully to find a new home sooner than later.

I have the .516 update and took some pics and the quality was very good. I haven't played too much with it yet so I'll be commenting on it later. Also I had to manually set it to maximum quality (8 mp).

I compared my X to an Incredible in the store and the Inc. wasn't any faster nor was the screen any crisper. The Inc. also tends to oversaturate the colors on its Amoled screen, leading to incorrect (but eye pleasing to some)color reproduction. The X totally blows it away here. Now with that said, I'd agree the X probably isn't as big an upgrade for an Inc. user as it is for a Droid user. If I had an Inc. and didn't care about the screen size, I'd probably stay with it.

NuDroid

Reaction score
The one thing i do love is the notification led and the battery life has been great so far. Not disappointment at all. I didn't expect a game changer just a good phone which it is

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

maidmarianiii

Reaction score
Gee, I would tell you how much I love my new Droid X, but the f*&% idiot at Verizon (a few days earlier) informed me if I arrived at 9am or just before I should have no problem getting one. Well the Idiot forgot remind himself they were opening at 8am, that day only, got there at 8:25am, waited in line for 45 minutes only to find out the guy 2nd in front of me got the last one....I WAS P'DDDD OFF. So now I wait again ): So now I can just read on and cry as you guys tell me how awsome it is.

kmasum

Reaction score
I am picking up mine tomorrow! Let you guys know soon!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

whec716

Reaction score
What Lag?

I don't know what everyone is talking about with lag. This phone is very quick and nice - i don't use the native browser, i use Dolphin HD and it's very quick and smooth.

I think this is a huge upgrade from my Droid.

stronggeek

Reaction score
I Agree!

I don't know what everyone is talking about with lag. This phone is very quick and nice - i don't use the native browser, i use Dolphin HD and it's very quick and smooth.

I think this is a huge upgrade from my Droid.

Yes, no lag for me either. But I'm using ADW launcher too and it actually works much better with my droid x than my moto droid.

I love the great battery life, the speed, the display quality/size and the delayed locking feature, a feature I so terribly missed with my motodroid.

Though I'm enjoying many other features including the ability to use this in direct sunlight I'm sure I'll find some things I like and don't like.

For now my son is enjoying his new (old) motodroid and I'm enjoying my new droidx!

Karem

Reaction score
Hmmm is my X defective or something because there is DEFINITELY some lag issues. Used it stock right after getting it home and I notice that especially when scrolling through homepages or even going through the menus and applications there is lag...sometimes to the point that it freezes up for a few seconds before responding.

:icon_eek:

ffej89

Reaction score
For some of you that are having lagging problems just remember Verizon is turning on tons of phones today so the system is boged down. Give it a few days and things will smooth over. Give LauncherPro a try in the app market and see how much faster and smoother your phone runs.

tliebeck

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1, Incredible, Nexus One, and an X (they're purchased for app testing). So far not seeing any lag in the browser or anywhere else on the X relative to the Nexus One or Incredible. It's leaps and bounds quicker than the Droid 1, which always had trouble with complex forum sites or news blogs such as engadget/autoblog/etc.

So far my only "complaint" is sudden battery death, e.g., dropping from 40-60% to 5% in one shot. I fully charged the phone (via USB) before using it. I don't think this is actually a problem here, I'm guessing the battery has to be broken in. If not, then it's a bad battery, and that's easy enough to solve.

So far I haven't had any issues with apps, haven't noticed any trouble with our own apps.

Here's a screenshot of battery usage so far today...battery life was great until the sudden death issue (again...really think this is NOT A PROBLEM with phone or battery, it likely just needs a full overnight charge or two).

Karem

Reaction score
For some of you that are having lagging problems just remember Verizon is turning on tons of phones today so the system is boged down. Give it a few days and things will smooth over. Give LauncherPro a try in the app market and see how much faster and smoother your phone runs.

Thanks that sounds a bit more promising. This is my first smartphone as I've had an old LG Chocolate before getting the Droid X today so I'm still somewhat unfamiliar with it. One question I have is: am I supposed to turn off each application/widget that I use when I'm done with it or does it do it by itself? I normally just press the "back" button on the phone (the 3rd hard button on the bottom) when I'm doing browsing the internet or checking facebook/twitter updates.

However, when I go to Settings > Applications > Running Services i have A LOT of processes going on (45 to be exact). Are there supposed to be that many? I tried closing one just to see (Global Unplug) and it warns that closing it might have undesired consequences as it won't turn back on unless I do it manually.

Should I just leave these processes or am I supposed to kill them this way after I'm done browsing or something?

Thanks! :)

ffej89

Reaction score
Two part answer. Yes just use your back button when you leave an app this is better then just pressing home. Second, when you're on you computer you see several sites you have opened across the top and on a computer all are running in the background and this is what we are accustomed to. Now on a android phone when a app is shown in the running services its actually froze there not using your processor. This is how it was explained to me...if you were at home and wanted to play 3 board games and they are all in the basement do you run up and down the stairs 3 times or do you bring them all up at the same time? When their all there you can use one but you have the others right there when you need them. Your phone well clear out the apps it has not used in a while as it see's fit

This is why app killers are harmful to use. Some apps need to run for your phone to run correctly like weather and such. I know this is a long winded answer but i hope it helps. If you need any more help just ask :)

Reaction score
Ok I got my incredible in the mail 4 days ago. I love it BUT I have 30 days to return it and pay the restocking fee and get the X.

Droid X users, should I do it? Anyone upgrade from the incredible? I did try out the phone for about 5 minutes today at the store. To me it was slower than the incredible with responses and just over all performance. The other two big things I DID like were the faster camera and the battery life I heard is much better.

Can anyone tell me how there battery is doing compared to there incredible if that is the case? Or if it wil last a full day?

I NEED GUIDANCE!

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1, Incredible, Nexus One, and an X (they're purchased for app testing). So far not seeing any lag in the browser or anywhere else on the X relative to the Nexus One or Incredible. It's leaps and bounds quicker than the Droid 1, which always had trouble with complex forum sites or news blogs such as engadget/autoblog/etc.

So far my only "complaint" is sudden battery death, e.g., dropping from 40-60% to 5% in one shot. I fully charged the phone (via USB) before using it. I don't think this is actually a problem here, I'm guessing the battery has to be broken in. If not, then it's a bad battery, and that's easy enough to solve.

So far I haven't had any issues with apps, haven't noticed any trouble with our own apps.

Here's a screenshot of battery usage so far today...battery life was great until the sudden death issue (again...really think this is NOT A PROBLEM with phone or battery, it likely just needs a full overnight charge or two).

What app is that?

dendk

Reaction score
I am impressed with this phone, I have been using apple devices for the past three years, the Droid X is a major step forward in smart phones. The only deal so far is a Wi-Fi issue, will work on that this weekend to see what the deal is.