Do You Like The New Droid X?

balticzar

Reaction score
Droid X is amazing. Much faster than stock Moto Droid. Big screen for me is a plus (movies, surfing web, viewing pics etc.). Also, running Launcher Pro so all that bloat-ware is gone with the wind.

Only downside for me thus far is the speaker is about half as loud as the Moto Droid. Ringtones for incoming calls and watching movies isn't quite loud enough for me. But I'll take that tradeoff I guess. No phone is perfect.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I had my wife run a benchmark on her new X last night and it was in the mid 1200's. My Droid is 300.

She keeps asking me to help her with it but the X is weird coming from a Droid 1.
For example when she gets a call it keeps announcing the name of the caller instead of using the ringtones she assigned. I have no idea how to fix that.

I'm starting a new IT job in a couple of weeks and I have to admit I hope they buy me a Droid X. :)

mig991

Reaction score
Droid X is amazing. Much faster than stock Moto Droid. Big screen for me is a plus (movies, surfing web, viewing pics etc.). Also, running Launcher Pro so all that bloat-ware is gone with the wind.

Only downside for me thus far is the speaker is about half as loud as the Moto Droid. Ringtones for incoming calls and watching movies isn't quite loud enough for me. But I'll take that tradeoff I guess. No phone is perfect.

I would have to agree. Other than the speaker volume, this phone is fantastic.

I have had to pull the battery once to get the camera to work, but other than that no problems.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I just played with my wife's X some more. The screen freaks me out. I didn't realize it wasn't glass but instead a grainy "LCD material." And it looks grainy, too. Seems like a strange design.

jl8851

Reaction score
I just played with my wife's X some more. The screen freaks me out. I didn't realize it wasn't glass but instead a grainy "LCD material." And it looks grainy, too. Seems like a strange design.

There is no grain at all, what are you talking about???

Sounds like you have one of those antiglare screen protectors on the phone which makes the screen look grainy.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Sounds like you have one of those antiglare screen protectors on the phone which makes the screen look grainy.

Ah, that's it. I didn't think she put a screen protector on it but she said the guy put it on in the store. It's HORRIBLE looking. And horrible to the touch.

Glad it's not the screen itself. So does the Droid X have a smooth glass screen like the Droid 1?

nkair360

Reaction score
I love my droid x more and more as i use it! This is my first android phone and i am extremely happy with it. The one thing that i am having to get used to is the battery life. My last phone, a LG Dare, would last me almost a week without charging! The capabilities of this phone make up for this though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

champaned_out

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I had my wife run a benchmark on her new X last night and it was in the mid 1200's. My Droid is 300.

You can easily hit 1200+ with the moto droid 1 if that's what you want... all you need is to root, load one of the many nice roms available and use the apporpriate overclock kernals... I think I hit like 1300 or so the other night testing BB v0.4

But anyway I tried the Moto X out at my local VZW store... I did like it a lot... thin and sleek, great camera quality.. but the one I tested did have some noticable lag when scrolling through the screens... it might be because its a demo phone and those phones usually get abused like crazy with the amount of people that go through it all day long.. wish I could get my hands on a clean new X to play with so I could really test it out

mflynn

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Droid X, I have no buyers remorse. I was able to sell my Nexus for more then what I paid the Droid X and I love the speed, size and functionality.

a320ca

Reaction score
Bye Bye 3GS and 4, hello Droid X! 2 Droid X's are on their way via Wirefly.
:heart:dancedroid

404-not found

Reaction score
Love it. Gonna sell the 3gs. Google Voice and Swype are amazing. iphone can't do that.

Ricowan

Reaction score
So far it has exceeded my expectations. Couldn't be happier, especially since I'm coming from an Omnia i910.
dancedroid

phillyphill39

Reaction score
I love my droid x. Keeping my moto droid as my back up. And my bb 8330 as my back up back up lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk