Do you guys seriously like the new look of the bionic? i mean really?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The old one from CES was so bloated and bulbous. The Targa version is true to the Droid line. It feels solid, uses glass and metal and not all plastics and is so much lighter than expected. I am using the extended battery and that is adding quite a bit to the weight though haha

I actually like the way the phone looks with and without the extended battery. It's a no lose situation imo.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The original bionic they had at the ces show or whatever, before they decided to "scrap" it looked sooooo much better than this crap i honestly think. What the hell is motorola thinking, this one feels so cheap and looks so standard its embarrasing taking it out of my pocket. Id rather get a bluetooth headset. Only reason i got it cuz of the ram and it runs much smoother then my crap droid charge. I havent noticed anyone else complaining about the look of this one, so just wanted to see if its just me or others also liked the original design and look of the bionic?

I actually went to the store to see it as well. My tb was actually smoother, although that phone had higher data speeds. As far as feel goes I understand what ur saying. It did feel cheap, and I thought the charge did as well. It felt like a very light phone also and plastic. Personally, I prefer heavy phones. My phone is heavier than most and I love that. I actually hope the next android I get is a little heavier than my tb.
The screen on the bionic was so so...better in sunlight obviously, brighter, and from what I've read better battery but pixelation is pretty clear and it did bother me after a while.

Bionic

Reaction score
Unlike the OP, I was actually impressed when I first picked up the Bionic. It looked better in person. It's very light too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
People are seem to be missing one thing, the phone which is a durable build, and is LIGHTER, if you drop it, less chance something will break. Compare it to dropping lets say, a text book and a spiral notebook ... which is gonna hit the ground harder?

I don't have it yet nor have I even physically looked at it or touched it. I am hearing it is lighter, but isn't the build not as good as the Original? Is Bionic all plastic now whereas the OG Droid was mostly metal? I would think the Bionic would sustain more scratches?? Again, just questioning what I hear in reviews. Thanks.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Well if the original poster hates the phone so much then just why the hell did you buy it? The ignorance of some people in this new world never fails to astound me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

martytoo

Reaction score
Yeah. Power button top left is killing me. I used to zip around d1 one handed. This is tough

Button Remapper in the market will let you try the camera button as the power button if you wish to invest 99 cents.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The old one from CES was so bloated and bulbous. The Targa version is true to the Droid line. It feels solid, uses glass and metal and not all plastics and is so much lighter than expected. I am using the extended battery and that is adding quite a bit to the weight though haha

Yea I thought the CES version was too rounded to me. The CES one looked like it had too much plastic.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't have it yet nor have I even physically looked at it or touched it. I am hearing it is lighter, but isn't the build not as good as the Original? Is Bionic all plastic now whereas the OG Droid was mostly metal? I would think the Bionic would sustain more scratches?? Again, just questioning what I hear in reviews. Thanks.

I personally think the best android I've ever had in my hand for quality build was the droid X. Second is the d1 and then my thunderbolt.

Renae

Reaction score
Nope phone is awesome. Think it looks extremely professional and elegant. I agree that these posts are getting old. If you don't like it take it back and stop whining, the rest of us like it and are sick of listening to all the unwarranted negativity.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Spydaz

Reaction score
It looks to me that any and all LTE 4g phones have to be built out of plastic. Its a 4G radio thing. Metal disrupts the 4G signal plastic does not.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
looks a lot better to me in person than it does in pictures. The dark chrome is less noticeable. Only thing i wish it had is a kickstand so i dont have to spend $150 on 3 docks lol

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Just you. I love the look and feel. Bump on back not nearly as bad as the x series.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Xcountry

Reaction score
I love it!! I dont know if I would use the word elegant but I think it looks very smooth!! I only have one complaint about it and its definitely not a deal breaker. I think the vibrator sounds like crap and you can barely feel it. Other then that good job Moto!!!

DoctorV

Reaction score
"looks so standard its embarrasing taking it out of my pocket."

You've got to be absolutely freakin' kidding me. If I'm guessing your age and gender correctly then I would suggest spray painting it pink and Bedazzle it with unicorns and rainbows. There, problem solved.