Bionic vs. Nexus: My Thoughts

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
That was the best comparison write-up I've ever read. Nice job dude! Just makes me love my phone even more knowing I'm not missing out on something!!! :-D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

quadtronix

Reaction score
I was looking at the Bionic and the Nexus a few months ago and I went with the Bionic because I have wanted it ever since it was announced... It was also only $100 after rebate. I'm very happy with the device as it does everything I need or want it to do. I have the extended battery and with web surfing, reading articles and ebooks and light youtube watching plus calls I still get at least three days on a charge. No exageration... Plus sometimes i play Shadowgun on it which runs smooth. Just wanted to say, GREAT write up to the OP! It was unbiased and reinforced my opinion that the Bionic was the right choice for me. :)

TatDroid

Reaction score
natedogg11 said:
Most Bionic owners feel the way I do.
I would love to see how many Bionic owners were in the survey sample you took. Please add me to your survey - and count me as one who does NOT agree with your conclusion.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Excellent comparison by the OP. Had the Bionic since release day, and have had a blast with it. I came this close (thumb and forefinger and inch apart) to pre-ordering a Galaxy SIII, then I turned on my Bionic and thought 'why'. While I'd love to have ICS, it will come to the Bionic ....... someday, S-voice does nothing for me, and I rarely take a picture with my phone. As for battery life, since I do a lot of web surfing, I can't see the SIII battery lasting longer than the extended battery currently on my Bionic. Not to mention the fact that I prefer the build quality of Motorola devices. I also find that Blur-lite appeals to me more than TouchWiz, and while I don't root, Go Launcher EX works extremely well for changing themes. To each their own.

I have an upgrade available and may wait on the iPhone 5 since my daughter is now interested in an iPhone. My brother in-law loves his 4s and I know will get the iPhone 5 as soon as it hits, so I'll probably buy his phone for my daughter, then look at the Razr Maxx HD/Vanquish as my next move.