Bionic or Galaxy Nexus

indee2025

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where do you live? City and State would be nice. I'm not saying your problems are entirely due to location, but I just wanted to see. Me, I live in San Diego, CA which was one of the first cities to have 4Glte. I also live in a valley where connections change from room to room. It's been like this since I changed from Clamshell phones to Candybar phones.

Agreed as I'm in Tampa and haven't had drop issues here, only when I traveled to the stix down south and the bionic was searching for some sorta signal.....but here in tampa bay I'm cruising 4G and my rooted bionic has mountain dew in it's veins....FAST FAST FAST......

But thinking of an upgrade in July? I think unless you hate your Droid X simply buy another until you're upgrade arrives...

OP
S

samwifi

Reaction score
Agreed as I'm in Tampa and haven't had drop issues here, only when I traveled to the stix down south and the bionic was searching for some sorta signal.....but here in tampa bay I'm cruising 4G and my rooted bionic has mountain dew in it's veins....FAST FAST FAST......

But thinking of an upgrade in July? I think unless you hate your Droid X simply buy another until you're upgrade arrives...

I'm in Oceanside, CA so not sure how well 4GLTE is doing here. Good advice - unless I find a mad deal on a used bionic for two hundy.. I do kinda hate my Droid X.. so we'll see - thanks again for the help.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Thanks to all for the comments. I am, as my sons call me, a "screen guy".. but constant connection and battery life etc.. is critical as I travel a bit and need a stable platform. Does the Bionic respond well to rooting and a ROM? Does that help the connection issue? Maybe I keep my "cracked screen Droid X" that is rooted and bloat frozen..

A "screen guy" would certainly enjoy the 4.65" 720p screen found on the Nexus. :biggrin:

kurumatt

Reaction score
I live in FL , Orlando area. I have lte from Orlando to Daytona. Basically where I go. I don't have any data issues, or connection dropping on my bionic. I'm running liberty ROM and this phone is amazing. The only reason I want a nexus is ics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the comments. I am, as my sons call me, a "screen guy".. but constant connection and battery life etc.. is critical as I travel a bit and need a stable platform. Does the Bionic respond well to rooting and a ROM? Does that help the connection issue? Maybe I keep my "cracked screen Droid X" that is rooted and bloat frozen..

I've run Liberty and now Th3ory on my Bionic. Switched over simply because Th3ory no longer requires a full wipe to update their work. But both have been great experiences. Having the device debloated is really a night and day difference here. If you think the Bionic is zippy stock... Wait till you see one with all the extra fat frozen or rommed off. Battery life is better as well. I cannot comment on radio signal as I've yet to have the problems that others have had, but the OTA Moto is working on addresses that. As to the camera, i ended up installing MIUI's? camera from a thread around here about a month ago. Much more responsive than what Moto released with. My one complaint: hissing sound from headphone hack. Otherwise, life is great in the Moto camp.

So basically, if you're willing to get your hands dirty with root and rom, the Bionic's "shortcomings" can mostly be taken care of in short order.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

samwifi

Reaction score
I've run Liberty and now Th3ory on my Bionic. Switched over simply because Th3ory no longer requires a full wipe to update their work. But both have been great experiences. Having the device debloated is really a night and day difference here. If you think the Bionic is zippy stock... Wait till you see one with all the extra fat frozen or rommed off. Battery life is better as well. I cannot comment on radio signal as I've yet to have the problems that others have had, but the OTA Moto is working on addresses that. As to the camera, i ended up installing MIUI's? camera from a thread around here about a month ago. Much more responsive than what Moto released with. My one complaint: hissing sound from headphone hack. Otherwise, life is great in the Moto camp.

So basically, if you're willing to get your hands dirty with root and rom, the Bionic's "shortcomings" can mostly be taken care of in short order.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That's right up my alley.. had read that there can be hissing noise in headphones - does the custom ROM you're using take care of this problem?

Thanks for the help.