Bionic vs Nexus

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic since launch and had very few issues with it (mostly just the nationwide outages which affected all phones). Lately I have been getting a lot of force closes using Handcent but it is relatively minor. So in general I am pretty happy with the phone but I am now in a position to get a Samsung Galaxy nexus for $80. My wife has an upgrade availabel on her plan that she won't use and the sales guy said they would give me $112 as a trade in for my Bionic. I have read some threads on the Nexus forum and see a lot of complaining about connecting (kinda like this forum). I am torn as I really do like the Bionic but the Nexus has ICS (which is coming to the Bionic sometime between now and my death).

Is there anybody out there with experience with both who has a preference either way? I have played with the Nexus in the store and it is very smooth but feels foreign because I am so used to my phone. I am really looking for opinions, things I might be overlooking that sort of thing. I will post this on both forums to get both sides takes on what to do. I mean this deal just seems to good to pass up. A big downside though is I have a few accessories (extended batteries, car dock, chargers etc) that aren't compatible with the Nexus.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Back when I had major data drop issues with my Bionic I would always toy with the thought of selling it and just getting a Nexus. Now that I have the 902 update my data drop issues are almost non existant. So my next thought is what can the Nexus do that the Bionic can't do? Performance wise and spec wise they are pretty even. The two differences between them that I can think of is that the Bionic can use a removable micro SD card and the Nexus can't. However the Nexus has ICS but according to the official word from Motorola the Bionic will be getting ICS in early 3rd quarter. So after the Bionic gets ICS they're essentially the same phone. Well ok the Bionic has a locked bootloader so it makes it tougher to mod. So if you're into modding your phone then I would give the edge to the Nexus.