Are you returning the Bionic? I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Yep. Sounds like you need an iPhone then if those are the most important things for you. I'll be enjoying my 4G speeds and dual core processor in the meantime and "suffering" with those other "horrible" issues.

scdown

Reaction score
1. PenTile is definitely a subjective matter - given the distance at which I hold the phone and the way I use it, it's not an issue (can see it but it's not disturbing) - but I can see that it could bother people.

2. If you can get past the PenTile issue, $4.99 in the market for a camera replacement like Camera Zoom FX might be worth your time and gasoline to go back to the VZW store.

3. There's a post out here that suggests setting the speaker EQ to "Extreme Bass" makes the speaker MUCH more listenable. I tried it, and it does sound better.

4. No phone will have "perfect" call quality, including the iPhone (or any other Android device that comes your way).

5. There are certainly ways to spend less (Amazon was $249 for renewers, $199 for new accounts, and Costco has a $279 deal that includes a whole mess of accessories as well)

6. Not sure what I can say to "No.", so I won't.

jseah

Reaction score
Code:
I don't agree with any of this except about the camera. It is pretty hard to take a good picture with it. But overall I love it. And as fas as the screen goes, I see a lot if people complaining but I really like it! Especially how well you can see it outside in the sunlight. I definitely don't regret buying it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The OG Droid had/has a horrible camera too. Extremely grainy photos in low light conditions and it is even noticeable on the small phone screen. It was even worse when it was originally released and they had the bug where the camera would not focus properly. The camera on the Thunderbolt, by comparison, is light years better.

DoctorV

Reaction score
I love how anytime someone has a single complaint (or multiple) the reaction is to attack and tell him "go get an iPhone". Not all phones are for all people, if the Bionic is your cup of tea, that's awesome but if it's not return and get what you think is. It doesn't mean he is bashing Android and wants to switch. Give up the age old jokes already.

What else do you want us to tell him? What's the point of his post then? Sounds like he's not happy with the Bionic and wants an iPhone so we're just confirming what he wants.

It's like someone going on to a Ferrari forum and complaining that there new Ferrari doesn't have a cup holder that fits their mug like their old corvette does so they're returning it. It may be a legitimate complaint if that's what's really important to you but to the rest of the forum it sounds like a silly priority based on other the other benefits.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love how anytime someone has a single complaint (or multiple) the reaction is to attack and tell him "go get an iPhone". Not all phones are for all people, if the Bionic is your cup of tea, that's awesome but if it's not return and get what you think is. It doesn't mean he is bashing Android and wants to switch. Give up the age old jokes already.

I agree that that happens a lot. BBBuuuuttttt, in this case I have to agree with the masses. OP is setting all of his benchmarks off the iPhone... so one would logically say that the iphone is set as the bar for OP, which would leave one to believe that the best phone for OP would be.... the iPhone!!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
What else do you want us to tell him? What's the point of his post then? Sounds like he's not happy with the Bionic and wants an iPhone so we're just confirming what he wants.

even though it clearly stated he was holding out for the 2 samsung phones. It's fine to disagree with him, the reaction to tell him to "just go get an iPhone" then is childish at best.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
even though it clearly stated he was holding out for the 2 samsung phones. It's fine to disagree with him, the reaction to tell him to "just go get an iPhone" then is childish at best.

+1. The OP never said anything about hating on Android, OR wanting to go get an iphone. He made comparison to the iphone on ONE of his points, but I'm sure that doesn't mean the same as "I'm gonna go get an iphone." People need to learn how to read, especially since he said he was holding out for better phones to come out in the next couple months.

I didn't go get the Bionic. Don't tell me that I'm just gonna go get an iphone. I, too, am holding out for the Prime or Vigor.

deek

Reaction score
One thing to consider... Updates fix minor issues that may be annoyances at the moment. Would hate to see an abundance of people return the phone, when updates surpass their expectations while they're sitting with a new phone still unsatisfied waiting for that phone that was freshly introduced to receive their updates.

Something will always come out and be better. I pulled the trigger & hopped on the Bionic day of release because I know contracts re-newels can change at the flip of a switch and with 4G being introduced in my area in a few days, I didn't want to end up with a tiered plan. A lot can change in a year, policy wise.

The phone surpasses my expectations, but I am not picky. I got the best as of right now, but soon something better will come out.. Oh well, it likely won't be substantially better. So not going to be too concerned.

GBH2

Reaction score

That's true - but he mentioned the iphone in point number 3, and I think many of us got to a certain point reading his post and all we saw was "Bionic sucks" "iphone" "Bionic sucks" "blah, blah blah". lol

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one thing I would say is yes patches do come to fix certain issues but with only 14 days to decide if you want the phone, most of the time the issues aren't addressed by then. But to be fair there has never been a phone released that has truly been bug free, probably never will be until a group of super robots rise up and start creating their own.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I love how a person makes a post with a complaint and is instantly smashed by the people that are fans of the Bionic. Not everyone has had a good experience with it and they have a right to post in the forums. There really is no reason to jump ugly on ever person here that has a beef with the Bionic. Let's all be adult and face it; This was supposed to be the device to rule them all but has fallen way short of that. NOT saying it's not relevant, or cool, etc, but; seriously people put the baseball bats away.

mach330

Reaction score
for those who don't see the pentile issue. really? it's been bothering me from day one. but to be honest, everything else is so good with this phone, that I think I'm going to keep it. Maybe i'll get use to it. But i do agree, I think screen wise, moto went backwards. I really hope they don't start doing this for all the phones. I've been comparing it side by side with my wife's Dx. Bionic is definitely better overall in web browsing (higher resolution). But I agree with OP, as soon as you start seeing blocks of solid colors (even in pix, I see people's faces that looks like they have skin problems). If the vigor has good battery (i doubt it as that's htc's main problems on all their phones), hd screen and just as thin/light as the bionic, I might return it (within my 30 day window at costco). Don't get me wrong, I do love this phone (except the screen). I guess if it's for the sake of battery, I'm kind'a ok with it.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing I would say is yes patches do come to fix certain issues but with only 14 days to decide if you want the phone, most of the time the issues aren't addressed by then. But to be fair there has never been a phone released that has truly been bug free, probably never will be until a group of super robots rise up and start creating their own.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

And then they won't let us use their superior 78G technology and mock us puny humans with our 8G technology over their "FTRTCI" (Faster than Real Time Communication Interface) where the message is received before it is actually sent.

alucard9114

Reaction score
I love this phone but the sound quality is terrible i hope it gets fixed in an update also contemplating a return and waiting for prime. on the other hand i hate samsung phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.