Did anybody get a new bionic and it fixed the 3g drop out?

jdparise

Reaction score
I don't no if I should return my bionic it to wait for an update. My phone keeps droping 3g/4g after phone calls and after waking up. Anybody have any luck on that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
jdparise

jdparise

Reaction score
And also the disappearing apparently?

itkevin1234

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and Verizon told me when the update comes out at the ends of oct or the first week of nov the update will fix that bug. So I hope it fix the problem

mikespe

Reaction score
I hope the update doesn't ruin my phone cuz mine is running perfectly! I remember an update on the OG Droid one time messed with my perfectly working phone. That was when I decided to root.

Creativo

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my Bionic losing the network recently. I stopped into Verizon and they said it was the SIM card. They're not sure what causes the card to go bad as it's new technology for them, but they said replacing (which they did free of charge) should fix the issue. If it happens again they'd order a replacement.

scdown

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my Bionic losing the network recently. I stopped into Verizon and they said it was the SIM card. They're not sure what causes the card to go bad as it's new technology for them, but they said replacing (which they did free of charge) should fix the issue. If it happens again they'd order a replacement.

Had the same problem last week - they had me do a factory reset, which did nothing but eliminate my BSOD issues (that and not reinstalling the GO Weather widget). Then, some hours later, it just came back.

Network drop happened in my office again yesterday. Took it to the store, and they replaced the SIM. Got back to the office and still only 3G. Called in, and was told,
  • V: "oh, perhaps it's the device, we should send you a replacement"
  • Me: "I can just go to the store, no problem"
  • V: "they don't have any of the replacement phones at the stores"
  • Me: "so, you're telling me to replace my 2.5 week old device with a refurb? think that's fair?"
  • V: "let me get back to you in 15"
  • V: "good news - they're not really refurbs, they're phones customers returned inside the first 2 weeks!"
  • Me: "so I have NO idea what to expect from the phone you expect to send me?"
  • V: (crickets)
  • Me: "can we talk again about why you want me to replace the phone so badly when it seems most often to happen at my office?"
  • V: "well, it seems like a good thing to do would be to issue a network trouble ticket for your area"
  • Me: "certainly better than sending me someone else's brick-in-training?"
And they connected me with someone in Pittsburgh who took my info, set up a ticket, SMS'ed it to me, and said it would be 3 to 5 days to resolve, but since it's LTE, it gets high priority, so don't be surprised if I see a truck in the area tomorrow.

We'll see...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Had the same problem last week - they had me do a factory reset, which did nothing but eliminate my BSOD issues (that and not reinstalling the GO Weather widget). Then, some hours later, it just came back.

Network drop happened in my office again yesterday. Took it to the store, and they replaced the SIM. Got back to the office and still only 3G. Called in, and was told,
  • V: "oh, perhaps it's the device, we should send you a replacement"
  • Me: "I can just go to the store, no problem"
  • V: "they don't have any of the replacement phones at the stores"
  • Me: "so, you're telling me to replace my 2.5 week old device with a refurb? think that's fair?"
  • V: "let me get back to you in 15"
  • V: "good news - they're not really refurbs, they're phones customers returned inside the first 2 weeks!"
  • Me: "so I have NO idea what to expect from the phone you expect to send me?"
  • V: (crickets)
  • Me: "can we talk again about why you want me to replace the phone so badly when it seems most often to happen at my office?"
  • V: "well, it seems like a good thing to do would be to issue a network trouble ticket for your area"
  • Me: "certainly better than sending me someone else's brick-in-training?"
And they connected me with someone in Pittsburgh who took my info, set up a ticket, SMS'ed it to me, and said it would be 3 to 5 days to resolve, but since it's LTE, it gets high priority, so don't be surprised if I see a truck in the area tomorrow.

We'll see...

Keep us updated please!

ice456789

Reaction score
I don't no if I should return my bionic it to wait for an update. My phone keeps droping 3g/4g after phone calls and after waking up. Anybody have any luck on that?

Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.

I never used juice defender. I'm hoping the firmware update fixes it.

Reaction score
My dropouts seem to have disappeared, on their own, at the beginning of last week. I wager it was a network/ tower issue, not a phone issue.

moset

Reaction score
I have not been in 4G coverage area at all. Data drop seems to happen after loss of signal. I was in Birmingham over the weekend and the first day the problem was the same as my home in rural GA. However day 2 in Birmingham after going in and out of signal area the data always came right back.
I'm gonna call VZW to see if anything was done in that area or if it's just coincidence.

SgtMike

Reaction score
I got a new phone/sim, and the drop outs still happen, but not as frequently. I don't know if it has anything to do with the new phone or not though. Just wanted to chime in.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I really think its just a matter of VZ tweaking the towers along with a firmware update that better enables the phone to switch back and forth.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I really think its just a matter of VZ tweaking the towers along with a firmware update that better enables the phone to switch back and forth.

My thoughts exactly. My drop outs seem to be getting better. I live in a VERY weak 4g area and I'm thinking maybe the drop outs are related. Hmmm.... my ONLY complaint with my Bionic. Lovin' it more every day.

don_droid

Reaction score
Hi, I fixed mine by removing Juice defender. It seem to put my phone into a sleep mode that it could not wake up from easily. It seems like we have many different issues causing this problem. I expect it will really take a firmware update to fix it across the board.