Did anybody get a new bionic and it fixed the 3g drop out?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Got my Bionic almost a week ago and I have no problems. I am on 4G a lot and it seems to switch back and forth to 3G when needed with no problem...even in places when my AT&T phone would have dropped 3G. I'm currently on 4G at my sister's house where reception has always been 'spotty'. I wonder why some folks have such trouble and others don't?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't know if something happened overnight, but as of last night I haven't lost 4G at all .. maybe some tower tweaking? Just a guess..

Mer2112

Reaction score
I have the same issue with having no data at all. I have to keep rebooting the damn phone

Try "Restart Connections" from the market. That solved my problem when even a reboot wouldn't do it.

DebDroid

Reaction score
I don't no if I should return my bionic it to wait for an update. My phone keeps droping 3g/4g after phone calls and after waking up. Anybody have any luck on that?Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
So there IS supposed to be an update to fix this? I want to love this phone but I can't listen to Pandora/Radio Pup because the signal drops even if I use WiFi (not to mention not getting calls/texts). I lost 3G/4G all day 2 days ago and everyone else had a good signal. I'm wondering if it's just an issue with MY phone. It's very frustrating and annoying.

castletop111

Reaction score
I was told by a local Verizon that if you disabled 4G (Im in an area not yet serviced) that this would solve the problem and keep it on 3G.
Does anyone know if this is correct. I am about to purchase a phone but this is a real no go for me.

dbord

Reaction score
I too live in a 3G area only and was having the problem of losing the data. I went to 3G only and it reduced the loss of data problem almost entirely but not completely. Maybe once ever two or three days I lose it. Fix is coming in Nov. according to what I read....

witelite

Reaction score
I'm new to smartphones, (4 days new). Does dropping data mean losing connection to the network?

witelite

Reaction score
Rhanks for the reply. Thats strange then, the day i got my phone it was on 3g for a couple hours...then went 4g and its nvr gone back or dropped. Raleigh, nc.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I was told by a local Verizon that if you disabled 4G (Im in an area not yet serviced) that this would solve the problem and keep it on 3G.
Does anyone know if this is correct. I am about to purchase a phone but this is a real no go for me.

Nope still have the same issues switching to 3g only

brandonsmash

Reaction score
I swapped out my Bionic that I bought on launch day because it had A) a horribly buzzy phone speaker, and B) incessant data drops despite excellent signal.

The new phone -- no root, no apps, nothing -- has the same problems with dropping data.

I live in a major metropolitan area with 4G. Switching to CDMA only also does not fix the problem.

Ansa82

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my Bionic losing the network recently. I stopped into Verizon and they said it was the SIM card. They're not sure what causes the card to go bad as it's new technology for them, but they said replacing (which they did free of charge) should fix the issue. If it happens again they'd order a replacement.

I've had same issue but when I asked about the SIM card they said that it has nothing to do with the network...it only keeps your phones ID with number on it??

Ansa82

Reaction score
Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.

No juice defender here..but lousy 4G service in a 4G service area! Dropped network many times.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The leaked updates (5.5.893, 5.6.893 and 5.7.893) all correct the data dropping issue. I've put each on my phone with great success.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
The leaked updates (5.5.893, 5.6.893 and 5.7.893) all correct the data dropping issue. I've put each on my phone with great success.

I want to install the 5.7.893 but cannot find instructions to install on a COMPLETELY stock Bionic. If possible to install on a stock device, will it wipe all data? If you can help, THANK YOU!!!