Did anybody get a new bionic and it fixed the 3g drop out?

ncbarber

Reaction score
i had the old unit

they just replaced my old 2009 1g unit with the new one my bionic connects but will not connect to the web

I called verizon and they said "4g phones cannot do a data connection with the 3g data extenders ......use wireless"

my wife's droid x does 3g data conectvity fine

what a bust

portermac

Reaction score
I've had problems with 3g in Birmingham every day until today because we just got 4g. My Droid is working perfectly now. Also, I was having this split second pause when listening to my music on Bluetooth headsets. That is until today when I got 4g. Not one time today. This is great, I don't really need an update now except for maybe apps to sd which might not even get changed. Ok maybe I do but Anyway, that is why these bionics are getting mixed reviews. The area and signal is affecting them. Also, I agree to not use any battery saver app that cuts off data when in sleep mode. It will really mess up 3g and 4g signal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DVR6

Reaction score
2nd Bionic. Have had good luck with this one for two 2 weeks until today. Mostly stay in CDMA only even though I'm in a 4g area -- due to consistantly lower bars in 4g.

So CDMA only mode and I dropped 3g on the way home from work. No data. Looking at cell towers all around. Switched to CDMA/LTE mode and instantly had 4g till I got home -- even though CDMA mode had lost 3g . Went to look at email and had nothing again, lasted a few minutes and then 4g came back. Never had these problems with my og or X. Hope it gets resolved soon or I will approach verizon stating I have a faulty product. Lemon?

OP
jdparise

jdparise

Reaction score
Im having to restart my phone atleast twice a day. The airplane mode does not work anymore. When turned on it freezes and have to reboot. This is bs I can't wait for this update to start rolling.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Id say that a factory reset is in order. For you both... then add back apps till you find out where your problems arise.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Id say that a factory reset is in order. For you both... then add back apps till you find out where your problems arise.

A factory data reset will do nothing. To keep your apps you need to keep them in the system memory and not the SD card, until the patch.

DVR6

Reaction score
I am stock with only mainstream apps. No battery saver, home replacements, optimizers etc. No social apps running. Started getting this problem today but have not added any apps for a least a week. I don't think this is app related at all. It's the network or the design of the phone, or a combination. It's funny the first Bionic I had started having problems about two weeks in.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I am stock with only mainstream apps. No battery saver, home replacements, optimizers etc. No social apps running. Started getting this problem today but have not added any apps for a least a week. I don't think this is app related at all. It's the network or the design of the phone, or a combination. It's funny the first Bionic I had started having problems about two weeks in.

You are correct. As the VZW tech told me, the issue is due to 4G/3G switching, not playing nicely together. The issue is being worked on.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
A factory data reset will do nothing. To keep your apps you need to keep them in the system memory and not the SD card, until the patch.

Iwasnt refering to lost apps bro lol ... to gis resets and malfunctioning airplane mode

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
I was having the same issue, and my buddy went into settings to network and it was set to only cdma he changed it to cdma/lte and no more issues. And after I rooted I have no problems connecting. Gonna have one problems connecting to lte because it's not as wide spread 3g yet. Try that

Sent from my Rooted Droid Bionic

whiddles

Reaction score
I have the same issue with having no data at all. I have to keep rebooting the damn phone

portermac

Reaction score
If you guys have any battery saver apps that are set to cut off data when the phone sleeps, even the one that comes with the phone. Try disabling it or them and see if it helps. It happened to me so its worth a shot.

BionicKate

Reaction score
Got my Bionic almost a week ago and I have no problems. I am on 4G a lot and it seems to switch back and forth to 3G when needed with no problem...even in places when my AT&T phone would have dropped 3G. I'm currently on 4G at my sister's house where reception has always been 'spotty'. I wonder why some folks have such trouble and others don't?