I've had the same issue with my Bionic losing the network recently. I stopped into Verizon and they said it was the SIM card. They're not sure what causes the card to go bad as it's new technology for them, but they said replacing (which they did free of charge) should fix the issue. If it happens again they'd order a replacement.
Had the same problem last week - they had me do a factory reset, which did nothing but eliminate my BSOD issues (that and not reinstalling the GO Weather widget). Then, some hours later, it just came back.
Network drop happened in my office again yesterday. Took it to the store, and they replaced the SIM. Got back to the office and still only 3G. Called in, and was told,
And they connected me with someone in Pittsburgh who took my info, set up a ticket, SMS'ed it to me, and said it would be 3 to 5 days to resolve, but since it's LTE, it gets high priority, so don't be surprised if I see a truck in the area tomorrow.
- V: "oh, perhaps it's the device, we should send you a replacement"
- Me: "I can just go to the store, no problem"
- V: "they don't have any of the replacement phones at the stores"
- Me: "so, you're telling me to replace my 2.5 week old device with a refurb? think that's fair?"
- V: "let me get back to you in 15"
- V: "good news - they're not really refurbs, they're phones customers returned inside the first 2 weeks!"
- Me: "so I have NO idea what to expect from the phone you expect to send me?"
- V: (crickets)
- Me: "can we talk again about why you want me to replace the phone so badly when it seems most often to happen at my office?"
- V: "well, it seems like a good thing to do would be to issue a network trouble ticket for your area"
- Me: "certainly better than sending me someone else's brick-in-training?"
Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.I don't no if I should return my bionic it to wait for an update. My phone keeps droping 3g/4g after phone calls and after waking up. Anybody have any luck on that?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Just curious... are you using Juice Defender? I was having the issue constantly, having to go into and out of airplane mode to get service. I turned off Juice Defender and the issue completely went away. I want to have more than one person (me) pin this problem on Juice Defender before I start a thread about it, because I like their software and they support it well.
I really think its just a matter of VZ tweaking the towers along with a firmware update that better enables the phone to switch back and forth.