Anybody Else Out There That Loves Their Bionic?

kamisan

Reaction score
New love, did p3's return to upgrade path to 5.5.893 for3v3r root, then did the 9.901 update followed by the modded kin3t[x] from rootzwiki, added blurr pack and hon3yscr3am data is finally good, camera is fast, so far everything seems better,, my cholesterol even went down... ;-P

Other then the last thing, it is much better.. This is the phone I bought, I just wish motorola sold it this way when I got it.

Reaction score
Mine did that on 3g but when my area got 4g the problem was gone. Are you on 3g??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
i'm on 3g with network set to cdma only. I'm heading into a strong 4g area later today. I just switched it to cdma/lte. We'll see if it still does it.

oDECREEx

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. Best phone ever so far.. I went from the D1 running Bugless Beast then stock Dx and now this. Absolutely amazing haha

south

Reaction score
Best phone so far by far!! \/ '-' \/

Verro84

Reaction score
I really like my Bionic was gonna buy a nexus then backed out at the last moment !

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my bionic the only thing wrong is moto support an the phone could use just a few optimization tweaks thats all other than that its an awesome phone

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I have gripes about my Bionic but coming up from the OG Droid this thing is far and above a better device

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I love my bionic too had it for a month I came from a thunderbolt ..my husband has the the nexus ..I was jealous only because of ICS on that sucker .. because the lack of hdmi and sd card slot i'll stick with my bionic ..as soon as this phone gets ICS it will be even more loved :) and beast

FrankieZee

Reaction score
I like mine. Still random data drops after updating to 901 but not as much as before. Got some themes and customization done with the GoLauncher stuff, but have not rooted yet. Been thinking about it though.

I'm more upset about being duped by Verizon /Motorola. I waited specifically for the Bionic and it seemed like 2 weeks later, they drop 3 (well, 2) more phones on us.

But it is a solid phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I love my bionic but.... I just couldn't take it anymore. I broke down and ordered the maxx.... but I'm not stepping away completely... my wife will get the bionic, and so I will be living vicariously through her.... and anxiously awaiting the ics updates for both phones. My bionic is a good phone, it doesn't suffer from the BSOD or data drops that often. Should have the new phone Thursday. I got a deal on it too. I will only say that I didn't pay 300$ for it.

azdrifter

Reaction score
Happy with my Bionic rocking the 4g and crusing the forums while playing my tunes :D

Tapin & Talking roaming the forums on my Bionic

sfcascooter

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. I from launch day until Halloween and then went and tried a DInc2 and a Rezound and came back (burning another upgrade to get it for $149 at Costco with the same bundle as launch day). It's GPS and Bluetooth is such a vast improvement over the HTC products -- it just works. I can deal with the data drops and random reboots -- what I can't deal with is BT never connecting properly to my car or GPS taking forever (and often failing). I also really missed the FANTASTIC ability to use the phone when outside -- the HTC phones were hard to use outside and impossible to use in sunlight. The update helped the camera (which was my main reason for getting rid of the first one) and Camera Zoom FX makes the camera decent.

Yes, I would love another update to help the data drops (I am too lazy to figure out how to get .901 -- or I am too worried about getting back onto the OTA path for ICS) -- but I can live with it.

With ADW Launcher, Android Pro Widgets (to make up for the lost BLUR widgets when using ADW), Headset Button Control, Orientation Control, Tasker and a 32GB MicroSD I have a beast that does amazing things in my hand, at the gym, in the car dock (FREE from Costco), in the desk dock (also FREE) and when hooked up to an HDMI TV or Monitor using my Moto BT keyboard and mouse (both only $48 delivered from special on Moto website).

I am currently trying out the Lapdock 100 -- but will either pass or get a Lapdock 500 -- but the Webtop is also cool (I think I will end up not keeping a Lapdock as I just don't see where I would use it since I have to have my work laptop with me so often anyway).

So yes -- I am a happy Bionic user and don't see switching until Moto has a 720p, ICS phone with a removable battery.

fito_l4

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic for a couple of months now and have not had any issues so far. I had it rooted for a while to try our the custom ROMS but ultimately went back to stock. All in all I am very happy with the phone.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I just got the Bionic that VZW allowed me to get to replace failing TB unit #3. Much better. Love it.

Last edited: