data drop more frequent

powrful1

Reaction score
Upgrade to ICS and let your anger drain away

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

Otakulad

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I called today to complain about the data drops and asked when ICS would be coming out. First rep of course said it isn't known and transferred me to a tier 2 tech support, but before he did that, he credited $30 per line that used data (2 lines). Tier 2 guys didn't seem to know anything at all and even told me at one point some Bionics had ICS pushed it it. I call bs on that one.

Bottom line, I think all bionic owners that are having a data drop issue call and complain. Might help getting it released or at least get a definite date. Can't hurt.

nri1998

Reaction score
Upgrade to ICS and let your anger drain away

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

You mean apply na unofficial version even though we paid for the services and we have signed contracts with Verizon which require them to provide reliable services? It is VZW that should take care of it, not some unofficial leaks.

darrick04

Reaction score
I think I have called Verizon 10 times in the 10 years I have been a customer, and I waited a few weeks to see if this was just my phone. Long story short, called last night, I have done all the above mentioned steps, and the tech rep had me to a factory reset (which took forever with this phone)... and as soon as it booted up, no 4G connection. He said he was shipping a replacement device, but I told him I don't believe it's the device, it is the software, and he didn't agree. So w/e I will have a refurb by Monday and I can confirm if it's software or hardware, because it has nothing to do with location. I am in the Nashville market which was one of the very first to get 4G, and when it's working I get 35mbps down, and 20 mbps up.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I got my refurbished unit and it's a powerhouse. Hope you have as good of luck as I've had

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Refurbished bionics is the answer now? Id like to hear some more intake on that. Technology is a headache

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
My story is similar to darrick04's. Got a new sim card, factory reset, all that stuff done to my old bionic, and it would jump to 3 g automatically no matter what. Got a refurbished one and I haven't looked back since

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can confirm if it's software or hardware, because it has nothing to do with location. I am in the Nashville market which was one of the very first to get 4G, and when it's working I get 35mbps down, and 20 mbps up.

I live in San Diego, one of the first cities as well. At home it's none, 1X, 3G or 4G. Outside it's 3G and 4G and 2 blocks away it's 4G. Location has to enter at least partly into the equation and I get those speeds as well.

It would be interesting if we could stand "shoulder to shoulder" and see if problems appear or disappear.

Last edited:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
aaf709 said:
I live in San Diego, one of the first cities as well. At home it's none, 1X, 3G or 4G. Outside it's 3G and 4G and 2 blocks away it's 4G. Location has to enter at least partly into the equation and I get those speeds as well.

It would be interesting if we could stand "shoulder to shoulder" and see if problems appear or disappear.

I am in Virginia Beach and experience the exact same thing. At home I get about 1 bar at 4g sometimes down to 3g. If I go to the front of the neighborhood (1/4 mile) I get solid 5 bars of 4g. The only thing I can figure is a water tower that is by the cell tower.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 2005 the Prius was as rare as hen's teeth and the average time one would spend on the lot was 24 hours. On the Prius forum there were people who'd complain about the seats and how they were in paid after 1/2 hour of driving. Getting more information out of them it was discovered that they were either large or tall and had bought the car without even a test drive, just because they saw one on a lot. I have no problems driving a Prius.

So who's right about the seats? We both are. Same with the data. That's why I wonder if I went to where a person with data problems lives and would my Bionic suffer? Maybe. Of if they came to where I live we'd see an improvement on their Bionic. Heck, look at the ICS leak threads, some have Flash running while others don't and some are running at 1,200 Mhz and others are still at 1,000 Mhz.

Last edited:

Renae

Reaction score
Mine just got worse this week as well. I'm trying to hold out for the OTA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
we have been waiting awhile for OTA. But im not conviced that this will fix our problems. Worth a shot but by the time it becomes available will still be left behind in the software categorie. I'll try my best to be optimistic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
we have been waiting awhile for OTA. But im not conviced that this will fix our problems.

You can try .232 and see if a new radio will help. You can always go back to .905 when the OTA becomes available.

I know you don't want to install it on the basis that Verizon should be giving you good service while on GB, but many of the apps we install (K-9, Dolphin HD, SMS, Camera Zoom FX, Google Voice, Go Launcher EX for example) are installed to replace the stock app.

Last edited:

darrick04

Reaction score
Just an update... got a reburb on Friday, data drops are worse than before. Looks like I am just going to stay on CDMA only and hope it will at least stabilize in 3G, until OTA ICS pushes out.

Also, my mom has a Droid 4 that does it all the time as well, and it isn't the same software, so it may be the 4G network in general, and not just Moto.