Data connection issues- replacement bionic

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the phone or network, but on and off for the past week since I received my phone, I have had issues keeping a data connection- anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.. currently it has dropped connection and reconnected about 15 times in the last 30 minutes...

Anyone in the SE having a similar issue?

Could this be a throttling thing with verizon? I have unlimited data and am at 2.3gb for the month which ends friday..

huskur

Reaction score
First go to menu>settings>data manager and make sure data enabled is checked and background data is checked. Then check data saver and make sure it is off --nothing checked. If all that is good then uninstall and battery widgets until you find the culprit.

OP
O
Reaction score
It is and it is, just double checked to make sure, and no battery widgets....

jayman350

Reaction score
I wouldn't think that it would be due to throttling. Throttling of your data should give you slower speeds, it should not deny your data connection, just slow it down. I've been getting random hiccups with my data (3G only, LTE has been solid) for the past few days but nothing has lasted more than a few minutes.

OP
O
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that it would be due to throttling. Throttling of your data should give you slower speeds, it should not deny your data connection, just slow it down. I've been getting random hiccups with my data (3G only, LTE has been solid) for the past few days but nothing has lasted more than a few minutes.

no i can watch my 4Glte icon at the top change from blue to white and back. I cannot post or play games and streaming is sketchy.