Replacement Bionic Recertified

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
JohnFH said:
I asked Verizon for details about this when they sent my replacement Bionic. They said that the charge stays on the bill until the phone is returned.

So as long as I send it in before it's time to pay the bill, the charges will be dropped?

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Sooo, I've been on my 4th cln Bionic for a few weeks now. Still having the same issues. I have spoken to a Verizon technician on the phone, and have escalated the problem with Motorola now. I'm waiting to be contacted by Motorola to see what they can do to resolve the problem. What a nightmare this has been!

After about four hours on the phone with both Motorola and Verizon last week. I finally spoke with a Verizon representative willing to replace my Bionc with a cln Razr. I wanted the Razr Maxx, since I had the extended batter with the Bionic, and the Razr Maxx has similar batter capicity. They would only offer me the Razr, but did state that they would call me this week to see how I like the Razr.

To be honest, I feel like I traded one problem (4g dropage) for another problem (terrible battery life). I can't keep the phone charge throughout the day and it's usually dead by two or three in the afternoon. I going to tell them I want the Razr Maxx again and see if something can be worked out. This is just getting so frustrating.

vatothe0

Reaction score
After about four hours on the phone with both Motorola and Verizon last week. I finally spoke with a Verizon representative willing to replace my Bionc with a cln Razr. I wanted the Razr Maxx, since I had the extended batter with the Bionic, and the Razr Maxx has similar batter capicity. They would only offer me the Razr, but did state that they would call me this week to see how I like the Razr.

To be honest, I feel like I traded one problem (4g dropage) for another problem (terrible battery life). I can't keep the phone charge throughout the day and it's usually dead by two or three in the afternoon. I going to tell them I want the Razr Maxx again and see if something can be worked out. This is just getting so frustrating.

This is exactly why they should just send you the model you already have.

JohnFH

Reaction score
hAHAha Halo said:
So as long as I send it in before it's time to pay the bill, the charges will be dropped?

The charges should be dropped after you return the phone, but I don't know how their timing works.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I'm on my third Bionic now. See post #26 about Bionic #1 and 2. This one doesnt drop data as much as #2, but still worse than #1. But my newest Bionic also has unlimited battery life. When I first got it, I swapped a fully charged battery into it and immediatly the replacement phone said I had less than 15% battery left. Lost 85% of its charge to swap it and power up the phone :blink:. Took about 10 hours on the charger to get it to 100%. Its been at 100% since. I had it off the charger for 16 hours yeaterday, 100% all day. Now its been off the charger the charger for about six hours. Battery still at 100%.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score

Now for the latest update in this "saga." Verizon technical rep never called me for the follow-up called he like he stated he would. I ended up calling Verizon and explaining the whole situation to another tech. After explaining the whole store ( that I was told to upgrade from the Bionic to the Razr, wait a week, then call back to receive the Razr Maxx) she agreed to FINALLY upgrade me to the Razr Maxx!!!!!!!!! I even was able to receive overnight shipping. I should receive the Razr Maxx this afternoon. Hopefull this saga is overwith. Took over a year, but I'm glad it's coming to an end.

JohnFH

Reaction score
DRILLINDK said:
Now for the latest update in this "saga." Verizon technical rep never called me for the follow-up called he like he stated he would. I ended up calling Verizon and explaining the whole situation to another tech. After explaining the whole store ( that I was told to upgrade from the Bionic to the Razr, wait a week, then call back to receive the Razr Maxx) she agreed to FINALLY upgrade me to the Razr Maxx!!!!!!!!! I even was able to receive overnight shipping. I should receive the Razr Maxx this afternoon. Hopefull this saga is overwith. Took over a year, but I'm glad it's coming to an end.

I'm happy for you! I hope you're as happy with your Maxx as I am with my Razr. FYI, I did a factory data reset on my Razr per posts in Razr forum.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score

I received my cln Razr Maxx on Friday and have spent the majority of my weekend free time playing around with it. I'm very impressed with the phone. Execution has been flawless and I'm going on 12 hours of heavy use with 20% battery left.

I would encourage all unsatisfied Bionic owners to read through my posts and call Verizon and ask for your Razr Maxx.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Well i finally got tired of the data drops and received my razr maxx yesterday battery life isnt much better than tbe bionic with the extended battery only got about 5 to almost 6 hours with heavy use downloading my apps and playing with said apps. But im enjoying the phone though specially like the voice typing function i know therez a name for it but im tired and cant think of it. It doesn't wait till ur done talking before it starts putting in the words love that. The charging port make for typing side ways a little awkward. But over all im enjoying the phone. I loved the bionic but i couldn't take the drops any more and so far no data drops. Should be good till i can afford the Samsung galaxy note 2.