Question on replacement Bionics?

Mondingo

Reaction score
For those of you who had to get replacement Bionics through Verizon. How can you tell of you are getting a new phone, or a refurbished phone. I'm under 14 days and they are replacing it. But I know Verizon likes to pull fast ones on customers.z Do they ever box refurbished phones in the original new boxes? I know the clnr phones come in a white box from Assurion. Are those the same as refurbished phones?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

sweetmike

Reaction score
When I had a replacement droid from verizon I told verizon six months later that the phone went dead and why would that happen if the phone was new. I saw them take it out of the box in the store. The rep from verizon said to me the phone was refurbished and they never replace it with a new one even when I insisted it was new he told me it was refurbished.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. Anybody else have information on this question?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
V wanted to replace my phone (even though it wound up being a local network issue!), and said that it would be a refurb. I asked, "after 2-1/2 weeks, you're telling me that the defective phone you sold me needs replacement, and I get a refurb?"

They called me back after 15 minutes and said, "because it's so new, there are no refurbs - instead what you will get is a phone that someone returned within the first two weeks". Not encouraged. I didn't replace it, and fortunately, didn't need to.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
When I had my x2 replaced after the first two weeks they told me because it's such a new phone they're going to send me a brand new one instead of the refurbished. When I got my second replacement a few months later I had to go out of my way to ask and he told me it's a refurb. So I think they have a stack of new phones they'll send out first and once those are depleted they refurb the phones that were sent back in.

Edit: Also, in any case, they still don't send you the original box. All they send you is the phone, you keep your battery and back cover.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Overnighted a replacement by 10:30 AM next day FedEX

I went into the VZ store and showed them the earphone jack no longer worked. They ordered up a replacement to be shipped out and i received it next morning at 10:30 (FedEx always gets it where they promise!)

Had to move sim card, sd, battery, and phone back cover to the new unit. It looked new, but who really knows. Sp far, no freezes, and ear phone sound is good.