Want to replace my screen

OP
Lodmot

Lodmot

Reaction score
Just came across this thread. Saw one for $49.99

Motorola Droid Bionic Screen Replacements & Parts

I used it to replace the screen on my Incredible 2 and the whole thing was fantastic! They also have links to youtube vids that walk you through it!

Whoops! Just saw the price on Amazon was cheaper. Nevermind. Bad newbie! Bad, bad newbie!

Lol. It's cool. ^^
Thanks for the link. And welcome to DroidForums.net! :D I took a look at it but I'm thinking I'm going to opt for the one I found on eBay, which actually has the digitizer glass already embedded onto a new front bezel. I was hoping to get a new front bezel as well, and this combo is only 60 dollars. Not the greatest price, but it's good considering they already did the dirty work for you by pre-pasting the glass on the bezel.

Also for a case I'm thinking I'm just gonna go for a rubberized case. I found a really neat-looking transparent rubber case for only $2.45, so I think I'd like to go with that. I've had really good luck with rubber cases on my iPod touch in the past, where when I dropped it, it would just bounce a bit on the ground, because of the rubberized casing. Also, even without the case, my Bionic has actually been impenitrable. The cracks in the glass are only very light, and it still functions perfectly.

I also watched my IT teacher literally THROW his dead Droid X against a wall in our classroom, and it took a really nasty slam into the wall before hitting the floor. And guess what? The screen glass didn't even break!

So new glass, plus a new bezel, plus a screen protector, plus a rubberized case should keep this baby nice and solid I'm thinking. ^^

drew96dawg

Reaction score
One day I fell asleep with my d2 in my lap and someone rang the doorbell and I took a four foot fall screen first on tile and didn't get a single scratch. It had no aftermarket protection on it either

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

OP
Lodmot

Lodmot

Reaction score
One day I fell asleep with my d2 in my lap and someone rang the doorbell and I took a four foot fall screen first on tile and didn't get a single scratch. It had no aftermarket protection on it either

Yeah, exactly. Isnt that amazing? :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. Isnt that amazing? :)

It sure is that's why im hesitant to upgrade to a thinner and and most likely weaker device.

OP
Lodmot

Lodmot

Reaction score
Alright, well last night I ordered the part, a TLP case, a rubber case, and 3 screen protectors. Ill be all set for ICS and 2013 with my redone Bionic. ^-^