Want to replace my screen

Lodmot

Reaction score
So i dropped my phone today when my friend lept on me and hugged me. I think i may have cracked the screen from the drop, but im not sure. Even though the crack really isnt that bad it upsets me that my phone is really banged up. I love my Bionic, and I want to restore it. I plan on buying a new metal bezel for it, new gorilla glass, and possibly a rubber case and screen protector too.

But the question is where will i find replacement gorilla glass for the Bionic? I found some sellers on eBay that have it for like 20-30 bucks, but are those screens REAL genuine gorilla glass?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
Lodmot

Lodmot

Reaction score
Dude thats awesome! I thought it was going to be like 96 dollars. Thank you. ^^

Now i just need a bezel (easy to found) and case and screen protector. :3

My Bionic is my baby. XD

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

My Bionic is my baby. XD

Well, I WOULD recommend the Otterbox Defender. But those are like $40, it's cheaper just to replace the top digitizer/bezel *LMAO* Although using an Otterbox is much easier. I have THROWN my phone to the ground, kicked it around a room, and had it slide off a roof. The phone is pristine, the Otterbox itself has a couple of small gouges in the plastic frame around the bezel area. In other words, it absorbed the impact that would have shattered the screen. My brother sold me on the Defender when I had my iPhone 4. Told me how he got in an argument with his ex, and threw his phone THROUGH a sheetrock wall. The only thing that happened was the Otterbox got dusty.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I would recommend buying a digitizer with bezel attached. Check out some of my previous posts on this. I replaced my screen and it was so easy when you didn't have to reseal the digitizer to the bezel, that looks messy, time consuming, and is harder to make look new again. I'm sure it can be done, but for me it was worth a few extra bucks. Not sure if they're still around, but I gone mine on ebay from seller "leading-wireless." It cam from overseas but worked out great. Go watch some videos on screen replacement and read up and you'll be fine. The reviews on the Amazon one look mixed, like it may be a knock off. Good luck.

drew96dawg

Reaction score

My Bionic is my baby. XD

No problem, glad I could help you :).

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

welsalex

Reaction score
Well, I WOULD recommend the Otterbox Defender. But those are like $40, it's cheaper just to replace the top digitizer/bezel *LMAO* Although using an Otterbox is much easier. I have THROWN my phone to the ground, kicked it around a room, and had it slide off a roof. The phone is pristine, the Otterbox itself has a couple of small gouges in the plastic frame around the bezel area. In other words, it absorbed the impact that would have shattered the screen. My brother sold me on the Defender when I had my iPhone 4. Told me how he got in an argument with his ex, and threw his phone THROUGH a sheetrock wall. The only thing that happened was the Otterbox got dusty.

My girl managed to powerslam her phone from standing position into the top of a desk, it bounced off hit the wall and the case (otto defender) exploded off. Phone wouldn't boot after. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....

OP
Lodmot

Lodmot

Reaction score
My girl managed to powerslam her phone from standing position into the top of a desk, it bounced off hit the wall and the case (otto defender) exploded off. Phone wouldn't boot after. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....
LOL! Dude that's awesome! xDDDDDDDD

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I looked for leading-wireless on ebay and found him, but he didn't have any more digitizer + bezel combos for the Bionic.
One person has it, but it's coming from freaking Hong Kong, and it's 60 bucks:
TOUCH SCREEN DIGITIZER GLASS + FRONT COVER FRAME FOR DROID BIONIC 4G XT875 MB875 | eBay

So I'm kinda not sure what to do...

Yeah, mine came from Hong Kong too. Not sure what to tell you here other than to watch the you tube videos and decide if getting the full assembly is really that important. It might not be that bad to seal the bezel, but not sure.

OP
Lodmot

Lodmot

Reaction score
Yeah, mine came from Hong Kong too. Not sure what to tell you here other than to watch the you tube videos and decide if getting the full assembly is really that important. It might not be that bad to seal the bezel, but not sure.
Wow, I just watched the videos, and the part where you're applying the adhesive looks difficult. Being one with ADD, I'm bound to eff that up. LOL!
Now if I could get the one with the glass already attached to the front bezel, I'm sure I can do the rest myself from there.

Just for the record, how is the one you got from Hong Kong? Is it genuine-looking/gorilla glass? Or is it cheap glass that will break easily? I heard from my dad that things made in Hong Kong are really bad quality.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The one I got is excellent. I'd swear it came from the assembly line. Just took a while to get here.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
When I replaced the screen in my sisters atrix I took pictures at every step and the reassembling went like butter

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk