do I need a screen protector

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do I need to get a screen protector for the droid bionic even though it has gorilla glass?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

linuxgator

Reaction score
I had a screen protector on my Droid 3 for the first few months that I had the phone. The protector got knicks and scratches all over it and looked bad. I removed it, and after 6 months without it, i didn't have any noticable scratches at all. I recently switched to a Bionic that I purchased use, which seems to have pretty much the same screen quality as the D3 and I haven't bothered with a protector. It's showing no signs of wear on the screen at all so far (~3 weeks). So I don't recommend wasting your money, but if you are rough, or keep the phone in the same pocket as your keys, then it might be worth it.

Tonik

Reaction score
Do I need to get a screen protector for the droid bionic even though it has gorilla glass?

Depends what you plan to do to it. I have never used screen protectors and my OG Droid without gorilla glass never scratched in two years. My Bionic has never scratched yet either. Honestly unless you keep it in a pocket full of really sharp and hard stuff or drag it across the pavement regularly I don't see the need for protectors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. IMHO

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

whomhead

Reaction score
I've been without a screen protector on my Bionic for about 4 months now and the screen is still like brand new.

I baby my phone though, so YMMV

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you get a spec of grime on your finger or in your pocket, a little sand... anything like that.. you can scratch up your screen pretty good. But everyone's luck is different ..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i carry my phones naked - no case ( except for when i go on a trip i have a belt holster for it ) - no screen protector no scratches . but that is just my opinion . take it with a grain of salt

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I didn't have any scratches on mine(had it since release day) until I went camping and got some sand on it and I swiped to unlock, now I have a scratch there. Barely noticeable but it's there.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any scratches on mine(had it since release day) until I went camping and got some sand on it and I swiped to unlock, now I have a scratch there. Barely noticeable but it's there.

yep sand and glass dont mix:)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
been there done that .. poor droidX RIP

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just bought 1, and put it on my phone it's better to be safe than sorry! Thanks for the help though.

deduct

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
I just bought 1, and put it on my phone it's better to be safe than sorry! Thanks for the help though.

Good call