Data Connection Issues Still Exist After Official Update on 12/9/11-Droid Bionic

thajeffster

Reaction score
Anyone else w/ the Bionic still having issues with data connectivity, even after the official update that was available on 12/9/11? Yesterday, was sitting in traffic in Pittsburgh, PA, and the data dropped for about 20 minutes. Rebooted twice but didn't get data back until traffic moved again and about a mile later. I had lost signal completely during that 20 minutes that the data was out. Not sure if it was a device issue or network issue. Either way, still having issues. I think Motorola put this phone out way too soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
A lot of it (most) is network issues. Verizon finally admitted it earlier in the week. 4G LTE is buggy.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I really think its Verizon cause I didnt have these issues before the update or right after. Only stared when Verizon had an issue this week.

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
I'm also in Pittsburgh & I also just started having connection issues after the update. I was at a Verizon kiosk today laughing at the "fastest 4G LTE network" sign while I was holding my Bionic that wasn't even showing bars. The CSR told me to go into airplane mode for a few moments then switch back as a "quick fix". It works for now but I can't wait until Verizon comes up with a real bug fix.

jeepxj96

Reaction score
I'm in Pittsburgh area as well. I don't have a 4g phone, just an old X. But my 3g is very spotty. It seems to be a bigger problem than just 4g.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score
Pittsburgh here too. I experienced the same as all of you. My phone was mostly fine before but then steep drop in performance after the official .893 update, which leads me to believe my issues are mostly phone based, not network based. I installed the .901 update that accidentally got officially leaked to a small number of people and it solved about 95% of my connectivity issues. I still get some dead zones in the house, but no longer have to use airplane mode to restore the connection.