2 1/2 weeks after Bionic Build 5.9.901 ------- How's it working for you????

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
I used this method to get 4ever root and then flash the .901 update in stock recovery Easy way to update to .901 rooted - RootzWiki .... I have never used any ROMs or anything, I am completely stock 4ever rooted. The reason I am asking is because on .893 I never had a hiccup of an issue with 4g ... is there anyway I can go back to .893?

rjl

Reaction score
I did the 901 update last week (onto a then-unrooted 893), and all seemed fine until I noticed a couple of quirks: 1) after a reboot, my desktop widgets were a tad slow to load (i.e., multicon widgets showed the multicon icon for 30s-1m before my icons loaded, my calendar and inbox widgets took a little while to populate w/my data); and 2) The camera - both Zoom FX and stock - were not working. Zoom FX said that it could not contact the camera, and the stock camera app either froze, crashed, or gave a "camera is unable to initialize" message (followed by a crash).

Thankfully the PathSaver process fixed me (after a couple of tries - the first time left me stuck @ 866 w/no radio). But I am back to 893, and rooted.

However, it appears that the two aforementioned quirks (above) seemed to persist. Factory reset didn't take care of it, either (which I kinda assumed).

(While rooted, I figured I'd install Clockwork recovery and try a totally different ROM, hoping to replace the camera in the process, but that just shuts down my phone when I try to back up my current ROM)

Is this a case where I grab RSDLite, the 893 recovery/FXZ and truly reset my phone? At least, I assume, from what I've read, that's what that does (true, out of box reset to 893).

So... umm... does that sound like the next obvious step? Anyone else have camera issues afterwards? I know each phone is a little different, app-wise, etc., although this one was pretty much un-messed-around with prior to 901 - no root, no non-official updates, pretty conservative on the app side...

Any insight appreciated.

wooddale

Reaction score
I did the 901 update last week (onto a then-unrooted 893), and all seemed fine until I noticed a couple of quirks: 1) after a reboot, my desktop widgets were a tad slow to load (i.e., multicon widgets showed the multicon icon for 30s-1m before my icons loaded, my calendar and inbox widgets took a little while to populate w/my data); and 2) The camera - both Zoom FX and stock - were not working. Zoom FX said that it could not contact the camera, and the stock camera app either froze, crashed, or gave a "camera is unable to initialize" message (followed by a crash).o

Thankfully the PathSaver process fixed me (after a couple of tries - the first time left me stuck @ 866 w/no radio). But I am back too 893, and rooted.

However, it appears that the two aforementioned quirks (above) seemed to persist. Factory reset didn't take care of it, either (which I kinda assumed).

(While rooted, I figured I'd install Clockwork recovery and try a totally different ROM, hoping to replace the camera in the process, but that just shuts down my phone when I try to back up my current ROM)

Is this a case where I grab RSDLite, the 893 recovery/FXZ and truly reset my phone? At least, I assume, from what I've read, that's what that does (true, out of box reset to 893).

So... umm... does that sound like the next obvious step? Anyone else have camera issues afterwards? I know each phone is a little different, app-wise, etc., although this one was pretty much un-messed-around with prior to 901 - no root, no non-official updates, pretty conservative on the app side...

Any insight appreciated.
Wish I could but I follow all the forums about 901 because I really want to try. You are only the second person I have herd say anything and the other guy did have something wrong with his phone. I never tried pathfinder yet. Ive done Released and had no problems. There is Eclipse forum someone there might be able to.help.you Nitro is still.hanging around for the Bionic.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
What should I do if I am having bad battery life after installing the update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
What should I do if I am having bad battery life after installing the update?

Where are you at Im still on 893 and Im having terrible battery life. I think it may he a Verizon problem.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Where are you at Im still on 893 and Im having terrible battery life. I think it may he a Verizon problem.

On .886 I was getting about 16 hours of normal use. Yesterday I got about 10 but it dropped 30% in less than an hour with no use.

wooddale

Reaction score
On .886 I was getting about 16 hours of normal use. Yesterday I got about 10 but it dropped 30% in less than an hour with no use.

Your on 901? Mine is saying the Android system is using a lot never said that always display I.cant find anything running in hackground dont know.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Your on 901? Mine is saying the Android system is using a lot never said that always display I.cant find anything running in hackground dont know.

Yea and same here android is is using way more than usual. It was always cell phone service and phone idle before

wooddale

Reaction score
Yea and same here android is is using way more than usual. It was always cell phone service and phone idle before

Gotta be a reason for that wish I knew what it was. How do you like 901 other than that was just gonna try it when this crap came out about 902. Thinking about doing it again.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Gotta be a reason for that wish I knew what it was. How do you like 901 other than that was just gonna try it when this crap came out about 902. Thinking about doing it again.

I love 901. Fixed all my data issues and runs much better. Its weird because two days ago I had great battery life and yesterday it sucks

wooddale

Reaction score
I love 901. Fixed all my data issues and runs much better. Its weird because two days ago I had great battery life and yesterday it sucks

That sounds good Im in 4g so it says I have data all the time but it lies I dont because it takes forever to do things likr even sending emails seems to.just hang there for a bit before it kicks in.