Just got unlimited data added to my account today

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykl376

Reaction score
When I got it to work on the first try, I did so by telling the nice woman (after I was super nice to her) this: "Yes, I was trying to add the 4G mobile hotspot add-on that was listed under the 'change features' tab when logged into MyVerizon online. But it told me that I had to call a CS rep." That probably gave her an indication of where to look for the add-on. So I would try that if I were you.

It's frustrating that my verizon data widget has not converted from 4G to Unlimited, even though I'm listed as "Unlimited email and web for smartphone" in my online account.

Did you try trashing the widget, then re-adding it to your home screen? Maybe a restart too, I can't remember but I think mine updated automatically, so I'm just guessing here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyobie

Reaction score
Just to clarify:

There seems to be some confusion from some of the questions coming back to this thread. The unlimited data and the 4g hotspot are two different items each with their own cost.

Unlimited data: $29.99

4g Unlimited Hotspot: $30.00

TOTAL COST: $59.99

Yes, this is exactly what I found on my account. I had Hotspot before I called, then without me asking for Hotspot to be removed, the CS lady removed it but I do have the $29.99 unlimited data and can add Hotspot later if I need it. Rooting might be next. :D

EDITED TO ADD: I just checked the VZ web site and I have no ability to add Mobile Hotspot as a separate option of any kind - even if I wanted to pay $30.00 extra. I find this strange. I used to see the options for the various hotspot data quantities.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Nyobie

Reaction score
This is likely my last post in this thread. I just finished text chatting with VZ Customer Service to find out how to add Hotspot. She first told me 2GB of hotspot data would be $20, then dug further and offered me unlimited hotspot for an additional $30 to my current unlimited data plan (which was already $29.99). I went ahead and had her add the $30 hotspot knowing I can remove this later. I feel better paying for this feature because VZ needs paying customers to keep expanding to their already best in class network. I probably won't leave it on my plan forever, but it's there now if I want it. I get a corporate discount so both are discounted on my VZ account when I went to verify after my text chat ended. My total is $30 for Unlimited Data (x 2 lines) and $29.99 for the added Hotspot for 1 of the 2 lines before the corporate discount. All is good here!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Can anyone that added unlimited hotspot and then deleted it from account confirm unlimited data was retained? thanks

lm2

Reaction score
Can anyone that added unlimited hotspot and then deleted it from account confirm unlimited data was retained? thanks

I can confirm it. I removed hotspot the same day I added it. Mind you, it hasn't been a full Billing cycle for me yet.

zirkdog

Reaction score
I believe if you check the previous 20 pages you will find quite a few who dropped the hotspot and kept unlimited. One or two even had cs reps confirm that unlimited would stay on their plan if they dropped the hotspot.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I dropped it 4 hours after I got it and still have it after 2 weeks.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I should have specified if the next billing cycle had passed and unlimited was still retained. I assume that its when they may catch this. hopefully not

Deron

Reaction score
It worked for me

To the OP: Thank you very much for posting this. I own a Droid Razr and had unlimited email and web Grandfathered in from my previous Droid X when I upgraded to the Razr. Then based on your post, I called Verizon to ask about adding Mobile Hotspot. At first, the Customer Service Rep (CSR) told me about the default $20 per month Mobile hotspot for 2 gb data per month. However, I asked if there was an unlimited Hotspot option available to add on and still keep my unlimited email and web for the phone's use. She said yes, because I have a 4G smartphone. So, for an $30 per month, I now have mobile hotspot, unlimited data on my Razr. And, when I looked online, it was discounted to $22 because my employer makes me eligible for discount.

It does seem as if you have to specifically ask for this feature to be added. It's not advertised, but the CSR says that from time to time they do offer unlimited plans. Just be sure to ask for this feature to be added and NOT to change your data plan to a data plan + mobile hotspot.

I then asked her if I would be Gransfathered in for this unlimited mobile hotspot as well, and she said yes. Verizon will probably stop offering this unlimited Mobile hotspot fairly soon, but as long as I keep the feature each month, I will still have it even if I upgrade to a new phone in 2 years (or get a new one next year) so long as the new phone is a 4G smartphone.

Deron

Reaction score
Just to clarify:

There seems to be some confusion from some of the questions coming back to this thread. The unlimited data and the 4g hotspot are two different items each with their own cost.

Unlimited data: $29.99

4g Unlimited Hotspot: $30.00

TOTAL COST: $59.99

Correct. At least, that is what I see online after I added Unlimited Mobile Hotspot to my Unlimited Email and Web.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hola folks :) Been kinda following this thread but don't use mobile hotspot so, just a quick question. Are you guys getting unlimited mobile hotspots for the extra money or are you getting free mobile hot spot (If you have regular unlimited data plan) ? I guess I'm asking, are you still paying extra for the mobile hot spot feature?

Thanks!

wooooowwe

Reaction score
Yes. Still paying for hotspot, but you are getting unlimited data and hotspot for low price.

wooooowwe

Reaction score
It is officially after my billing cycle and i still have unlimited data.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Hola folks :) Been kinda following this thread but don't use mobile hotspot so, just a quick question. Are you guys getting unlimited mobile hotspots for the extra money or are you getting free mobile hot spot (If you have regular unlimited data plan) ? I guess I'm asking, are you still paying extra for the mobile hot spot feature?

Thanks!

We are request/adding the "unlimited hotspot" and that feature forces VZ to add unlimited data to your plan. You pay for both. $30 for hotspot and 29.99 for data (or less if you're part of a corporate plan). Some have dropped the hotspot feature five minutes later and report that they still kept unlimited data for $29.99.

mykl376

Reaction score
I believe you can add/remove the hotspot as you wish, as with other "features." I kept it for a couple of weeks, but just didn't use it so I dropped it. But if I need it for a trip or vacation of something, I can add it back on for a few days. Just don't mess with the "data" part on your account and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.