Just got unlimited data added to my account today

Status
Not open for further replies.

moniquejay

Reaction score
im so glad I have unlimited. I definitely go over 2gb a month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Vicious1

Reaction score
Just got it done, thanks to Penny at VZW Customer Service! The first two calls were denied, but Penny knew exactly what I was talking about!

Sakalicious

Reaction score
I read the whole thread yesterday and decided to try and get unlimited data too. Success! I upgraded my phone last week from an old LG dare to the bionic. At the store I was told I had to have a tiered plan, because I wasn't on an unlimited data plan before. So I call customer service by dialing *611 and pressing 0. Once I was connected, I simply said I wanted to go over my plan details. I slipped in real nicely that I love the phone, but without unlimited data Im going to take it back and cancel my contract. He said let him check something, one minute later he came on and said he could switch my account to unlimited data. Yes! Thank you verizon. I didnt even have to ask for the $30 mobile hotspot..they just straight up switched me to the unlimted $29.99 without the extra 30 for a hotspot.

lm2

Reaction score
The irony for me is that I doubt I'll ever get close to the 4GB I had before doing this.

mykl376

Reaction score
The irony for me is that I doubt I'll ever get close to the 4GB I had before doing this.

Probably the same for me, but it's nice not to have to worry about going over. I knew 2GB wasn't going to be enough, and I was over 3GB the first month after I got the double data upgrade at 4GB. I'm no power user, but now I have no worries.

Deron

Reaction score
Hola folks :) Been kinda following this thread but don't use mobile hotspot so, just a quick question. Are you guys getting unlimited mobile hotspots for the extra money or are you getting free mobile hot spot (If you have regular unlimited data plan) ? I guess I'm asking, are you still paying extra for the mobile hot spot feature?

Thanks!

I am paying extra for the Mobile Hotspot. The point being that I added that feature and it is for unlimited data.

So, I pay $29.99/month for unlimited data for my Razr's use + $30/month for unlimited data mobile hotspot. (Actually, they are reduced by 22% each because of employer discount.)

lm2

Reaction score
Probably the same for me, but it's nice not to have to worry about going over. I knew 2GB wasn't going to be enough, and I was over 3GB the first month after I got the double data upgrade at 4GB. I'm no power user, but now I have no worries.

may I ask what activities get one above, say, 3GB? Is Netflix the only thing that can do it?

kparks

Reaction score
may I ask what activities get one above, say, 3GB? Is Netflix the only thing that can do it?

I'm at 6.938GB and I have about 10 days left on my billing cycle with only about 2 hours of netflix use this whole month.. Pandora and google music will really rack up the gb also and obviously DroidForums. Net ;) I would call myself a power user getting 4 to 5 hours max from any stock phone and about 10hour with the tbolt extended. I have pandora or google music or youtube playing constantly all day everyday pretty much.. and travel to alot of gadget websites id say about 8gb is about my monthly average. On months where I watch alot of netflix. I can top 11 to 12 gigs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

Yolo09

Reaction score
just got this done. I had the 4gb plan for $30 and now i got the unlimited. Took less than 5 minutes, i followed some advice from another person in a different forum, just follow it and it should work. Make sure you say "I want to add the unlimited 4G mobile hotspot to the phone, the plan code is 76513". If they say that plan is not available just hang up and call back. Took me two tries!!! dancedroid

EDIT: and yes i did remove the mobile hotspot 5 minutes after i got off the phone and my unlimited data was still there

How to get unlimited data for new customers...must be 4g phone - Android Forums

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Made the call, requested unlimited 4g hotspot. took her about one minute to verify my identity and was acct was updated immediately. my Verizon data use app shows unlim now. maybe ill try to remove the hotspot tomorrow and see what happens...

bebeau25

Reaction score
Has anyone gone through a full billing cycle yet? I hope we don't loose it after the first month of having it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Has anyone gone through a full billing cycle yet? I hope we don't loose it after the first month of having it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have just finished my first billing cycle after I made the change. It is till unlimited on my account.

MrJack

Reaction score
You'll likely all keep the unlimited data if you remove the hotspot. The only reason you would not would be is if you had a Representative who was being audited for adding the unlimited data package to accounts when they weren't supposed to be doing so (the unlimited data package was released to CS Reps for a certain reason, specifically regarding the unlimited data dropping off when it wasn't supposed to), and even at that point, they generally won't go in and remove what has already been given to the customer.

In regards to what is happening, I can say this much, it's not supposed to be happening. The feature you're adding on was intended to only be added to people who already had the unlimited data package on their account. When their systems sees that the unlimited data package isn't there when they try to add the unlimited hotspot, it will auto fix everything (i.e. adding the unlimited data package and dropping the tiered one). It's up to the rep to determine if the proper fixes were made, the system doesn't pick up that people aren't supposed to have it. The reps who aren't adding it are not morons, idiots, or whatever other names you call them. They're simply abiding by what they are -supposed- to be doing, which is verifying that you qualify for that Unlimited Hotspot Feature, and then only adding it if you do. The ones who are adding it for you are actually either ignorant, not paying attention, just don't care, or are bending the policies for you for one reason or another.

I'm not here to argue with anyone about what's right or wrong regarding switching people to unlimited or keeping them on the tier data. I'm just enlightening the situation a bit as to what's really happening. If you get a rep who adds it for you, great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.