Just got unlimited data added to my account today

Status
Not open for further replies.

webpagesby22

Reaction score
Hi guys. Might want to see if this works for you. I was able to add the unlimited plan to my account about 4 hours ago. I called up verizon to ask about a 4g hotspot unlimited plan that was showing up in the "change features" in my online account. The lady was super nice. I currently was on the 10gb plan for 50 bucks but with my discount it was 40 for me. So I was going to have her take my data plan down to the 4gb starting on my next billing cycle and add the unlimited 4g hotspot add-on for 30.00 (24.99) with my discount. Then she asked me if I make the change today she can make the data and hotspot feature unlimited. I was like yes yes YES a million times YES!!!. Try it out works for me. I am the newest member of the unlimited club. You guys better call and try your luck and she also said that I can drop the hotspot feature and my unlimited data plan will stay. Keep in mind I and not referring the data/hotspot bundle plan that is under the change minutes, text, data option in the account options screen online. This is an add-on in the same menu as voicemail, vzw navigator, etc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The unlimited hotpot feature is available to grandfathered unlimited data users, and can only be used by LTE phones.

Were you on a tiered phone data plan before? From the sounds of it you had unlimited data in your phone.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
The unlimited hotpot feature is available to grandfathered unlimited data users, and can only be used by LTE phones.

Were you on a tiered phone data plan before? From the sounds of it you had unlimited data in your phone.

...Did you read the whole post?

I think that's pretty cool man, good for you, stickin' it to the man.

OP
W

webpagesby22

Reaction score

Hi,

I was on a capped data plan before the change. I had recently changed to the 10gb data plan for 50. But in the change features online i saw the unlimited hotspot add-on. I was going to change my plan to the 4gb and have the unlimited hotspot. The rep told me that the system removed my current plan and popped up with the unlimited data plan saying its required for the add-on. She said she never saw the system do that before because she has the same plan with unlimited hotspot but capped data. But i told her on the site it has that a unlimited data plan is required for this add-in. Somehow the add-on triggered the unlimited data plan to come up.

Mmracing

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago when Verizon announced the double your data for the same price I called them about my wifes bionic (she had the $30 2GB plan). I told them I saw how I could do the upgrade online but didn't feel comfortable and wanted to speak to someone to make sure that when I doubled her data it would not mess with my unlimited data. I also told her we had unlimited data for her phone several months agao but dropped it because my wife just didn't use it (my BIG mistake). The lady said she could double my wifes data to 4GB for the $30 a month but said that she would just give her unlimited data for the originial price of $29.99. She even apologized for us dropping the unlimited on her account! Now that's what I call customer service.

devils3023

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my mom. I told her to call about getting the double data promo and the woman upgraded her to unlimited from the 2gb for no charge!! This is her first smart phone that she just got a few weeks ago, she always had just a regular feature phone.

Erikbal

Reaction score
How'd you guys hear about this double data thing and is it a 4g thing only? Is it still available? I have a D3 so obviously no 4g but if I can double my data I would love to! Please let me know asap and how to do it!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Erikbal

Reaction score
Ah man that sucks I really got my hopes up!

AlexSB

Reaction score
Yea Verizon has some of the best customer service ppl, it depends on who you talk to sometimes. There are some people who are strictly by the book (those suck) but there are a lot if genuinely nice people who want to help you out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
W

webpagesby22

Reaction score
How'd you guys hear about this double data thing and is it a 4g thing only? Is it still available? I have a D3 so obviously no 4g but if I can double my data I would love to! Please let me know asap and how to do it!

You can try them and so what happens. But I have seen on another forum where someone has gotten the double data plan on an iphone. So anything is possible.

guitarskoota

Reaction score
I called them up today, as I am on a feature phone, and asked the rep about upgrading to a Bionic, but only if I could be grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan. Told them that I want the peace of mind of not having to worry about going over. It was a no go, the guy "seemed" sincere, and said that it's not even an option they can select on their computer which I'm sure was just BS. He said he really wished he could offer me unlimited, but cannot, but he said he could offer me the 4 gig plan, and tried reassuring me that I would never go over 4 gigs, and that he has only ever seen 2 people go over that. I told him without unlimited data, I don't want a smartphone, and that I would just pass on it then.

So can I just keep trying to call back and see if I can find someone who might hook me up? Or are they going to document that stuff on my account? Or should I ask to talk to a manager? I've been a verizon customer for like 6 years now, always pay on time and in good standing.

OP
W

webpagesby22

Reaction score
I would try again and tell them you want the 4g unlimited hotspot add-on for 30 bucks. It should only allow the unlimited data plan to come up because its required to have the add on. Then after the call go online and remove from the change features section on your verizon account.

guitarskoota

Reaction score
I would try again and tell them you want the 4g unlimited hotspot add-on for 30 bucks. It should only allow the unlimited data plan to come up because its required to have the add on. Then after the call go online and remove from the change features section on your verizon account.

I would try that, but I currently don't have a smart phone, and don't want to upgrade to one right now, unless I can get unlimited data. That's kinda my bargaining chip to find someone to get me unlimited data. And I can't add a smartphone data plan or hotspot plan on my old feature phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.