New GNex Owners with 2GB/4GB of Data, get your UNLIMITED data in here! ymmv

ryguy5254

Reaction score
As the topic title says, your miles may vary, but there is a way that you (also) could add unlimited data to your plan. Credit goes to the folks at slickdeals. So, post if it works for you or not. There are ALOT of responses that it has worked for them! Good luck to you!

===========================

Method:
  1. Dial *611 from your Verizon phone, or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone.
  2. Wait for computer CSR to go through the main menu. You will need your Verizon phone # and account PIN or last 4 of SSN.
  3. Hit option 4.
  4. When it asks you what you would like to do today say "Add a feature."
  5. If you have a 3G device (which includes all iPhones): Say you would like to add the $20 2GB 3G Mobile Hotspot FEATURE to your phone
    If you have a 4G device: Say you would like to add the $30 Unlimited 4G Mobile Hotspot FEATURE to your phone. According to http://stopthecap.com/2011/07/12/...r-account/ , they may be able to locate this feature via referencing feature code #76153.
  6. Your data plan will now be the $29.99 unlimited data plan, and you'll have either the 2GB or unlimited Mobile Hotspot feature on top of that.
  7. {OPTIONAL - if you don't want the Mobile Hotspot feature} Log into My Verizon and remove the Mobile Hotspot FEATURE from your account. Many people recommend waiting a few days (at a minimum) to remove the feature. The $29.99 unlimited data plan should remain on your account.
  8. If they say they can't add that feature to your plan, or that you must bundle your data + mobile hotspot service together as a single data plan, tell them thank you, hang up, and repeat the steps above.

And remember.....even if this works out for you, Verizon could always put you back on a tiered data plan at a later date.

ugandanbear

Reaction score
I have unlimited 4g because I was grandfathered in, but my wife has 3g on the second line but wasn't grandfathered in, so she only has 2GB. Just to clarify, people have done this for separate lines on the same plan without hindering an already existing unlimited plan (mine)? I just don't want to lose mine trying to get my wife unlimited. Anyone have any knowledge in this?

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
The fact that you two are on a different data plan means that her new data plan would be separate from you still. Theres no such thing as two devices on a single data plan. (Unless you're tethering or hot spot of course).

ugandanbear

Reaction score
The fact that you two are on a different data plan means that her new data plan would be separate from you still. Theres no such thing as two devices on a single data plan. (Unless you're tethering or hot spot of course).

Yeah, I figured. I'm just weary of Verizon messing something up. Thanks. I'm going to try this for her and I'll post back with results.

soulshot96

Reaction score
can you still straight up Buy a $30 unlimited hop spot for 4g phones?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I remember the clerk at Verizon offered to give me the unlimited mobile hotspot when I was buying the Nexus, but since I don't have a laptop or anything like that, I declined.

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
can you still straight up Buy a $30 unlimited hop spot for 4g phones?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Yes, according to the method, getting the Unlimited Hot Spot for 4G will give you Unlimited Data aswell. Then if you don't want the Hot Spot anymore, just remove it and you will still have Unlimited Data (instead of 2GB/4GB).

Droid592

Reaction score
First try no luck but I'll try another three of four times today and we'll see how it goes hopefully I can do it I would really like unlimited data back.

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

Droid592

Reaction score
Ok so the rep I just got off the phone with was able to add the $30 unlimited mobile hot spot feature, I have to log in and see if it added unlimited data or not

busab

Reaction score
I just called to try to add it. The guy said he was adding it but when I just checked my account it was only the 6Gb mobile hotspot feature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
I just called to try to add it. The guy said he was adding it but when I just checked my account it was only the 6Gb mobile hotspot feature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Remove it now, and try again with a different person in a few days.

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
View attachment 44752

Awesome Merry Christmas to me!! Now hopefully this sticks after I remove the feature tomorrow.

Awesome! Let us know tomorrow! It should stick.

I already have unlimited data. It wouldn't make sense for me to lose it if I try mobile hotspot for a day and get it removed and I get downgraded to a 4GB.

Droid592

Reaction score
Awesome! Let us know tomorrow! It should stick.

I already have unlimited data. It wouldn't make sense for me to lose it if I try mobile hotspot for a day and get it removed and I get downgraded to a 4GB.

Wait so you where grandfathered? Or did you use this method to get it, sorry got kinda lost