GOOD NEWS!!! For those not grandfathered to Unlimited data!

MrJack

Reaction score
I thought an Assumption of Liability required the new account holder to sign up for plans and features available at the time, so that means items no longer available like grandfathered data did not grandfather?

An Assumption of Liability only requires the account holder to sign up for a new plan. All the other features on the account are carried over, since they are tied to the line. They may however ask you or encourage you to sign up for new features, but it is by no means required that you do so. You would still hold onto your grandfathered data if you did the AOL. Of course, VZW changes it's policies on a regular basis to best fit their business strategy, so this may not always be correct, but as it stands right now, that is the case.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2 thumbs down :rating00:

edit..

edit 2..

scooby101

Reaction score
I have unlimited, i shall use it how i please, take your eye rolls to the capped data section and be a hater there. Its never been about the bandwidth and never will be. Its all about the money and always will be.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I will have to agree with Lazarus on this one. Consuming your cellular bandwidth just for the sake of it seems silly. Right now I can get over 50MB download speeds where I am at, but I assume if everyone just starts consuming more more bandwidth just for the sake of it I'll start to see my blazing speed slowly deminsh. I am not saying don't use your phone, but for petes sake, if you have a wifi why not use it. I am pretty sure the wifi consumes less power then the phones 4G antenna anyways.

phatkat66

Reaction score
how the hell do you use 20gb?????????????:blink:

I used over 60 gigs last month!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I can definitely see this happening. i got my bionic the 8th (launch). my cycle ends the 20th. On the 10th I checked my data usuage it was only .5 gigs. It's only the 12th of september and Im up to 5.58GB of usage. Ever since I got the 4G speed i installed a torrent app on my phone, got my netflix account going and have a car dock so movies can play while im relaxing in the car LOL I cant imagine how much usuage is gonna total from a full 30days of 4g speed. Im scared of what verizon will do to the unlimited data people. >_> cuz we are ABUSING it..... but i love it

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea, we've been with verizon for 8 years. We had unlimited data for our feature phones before July 7th but verizon didn't tell us when we asked several employees whether you really needed a smartphone to keep unlimited data. So he probably argued that. But the data widget on my bionic changed from saying 2GB to unlimited so it worked.

here's a picture from before. I'll upload another that shows I'm unlimited in a few since I'm in class right now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315869544288.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1315869544288.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 319

Covington

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea, we've been with verizon for 8 years. We had unlimited data for our feature phones before July 7th but verizon didn't tell us when we asked several employees whether you really needed a smartphone to keep unlimited data. So he probably argued that. Bit the data widget on my bionic changed from saying 2GB to unlimited so it worked.

here's a picture from before. I'll upload another that shows I'm unlimited in a few since I'm in class right now.

Awesome I'm gonna see if I can talk my way into unlimited data plan.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm out of class, here's a picture of my unlimited data now to show it really got changed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315881615779.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1315881615779.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 511

TheMiz

Reaction score
Now that I'm out of class, here's a picture of my unlimited data now to show it really got changed.

What app are you using to show the data usage

Thanks

brandon9559

Reaction score
An Assumption of Liability only requires the account holder to sign up for a new plan. All the other features on the account are carried over, since they are tied to the line. They may however ask you or encourage you to sign up for new features, but it is by no means required that you do so. You would still hold onto your grandfathered data if you did the AOL. Of course, VZW changes it's policies on a regular basis to best fit their business strategy, so this may not always be correct, but as it stands right now, that is the case.

This is true. Contract dates and everything carry over. The only reason you have to select a new price plan is because if you're a 9.99 line on a family plan and do an AOL you would have to choose a single line plan. Features stay the same.