cya bionic hello Droid 4

huskur

Reaction score
It was webpage on his tablet they use in the stores now that the ICS update was on. It listed the Razr, Razr Maxx, Rezound, Bionic and three 3G phones which i can't remember what they were that were on the clock soon for ICS. Under the list of phones getting ICS it said "Droid 4 has been removed for the update to ICS at this time". I read it for myself. He did say he expects the D4 to get it but not sure when.

If you go to the motorola website you will see they removed the part saying it was Android 4.0 upgradable but yet the Razr Maxx and Bionic..ect.. is

quizzard

Reaction score
OP, slightly off topic... for the love of my eyes... please press the enter key every now and then... and use more sentences....

Back on topic, my wife uses the D4, I use the Bionic with extended battery. The D4 only lasts 3 hours with heavy use VS my Bionic's 5 or 6. Her D4 had 4G problems with the last Verizon 4G outage, whereas mine had 4G the entire day. The Bionic's wireless tether connects quicker than the D4

The 4G issues are not limited to only the Bionic. My wife and I both tether to our own phones. Whenever she loses 4G, I lose it a second or two later. However, it only takes the Bionic ~20 seconds to regain connection, whereas the D4 takes up to a minute.

huskur

Reaction score
OP, slightly off topic... for the love of my eyes... please press the enter key every now and then... and use more sentences....

Back on topic, my wife uses the D4, I use the Bionic with extended battery. The D4 only lasts 3 hours with heavy use VS my Bionic's 5 or 6. Her D4 had 4G problems with the last Verizon 4G outage, whereas mine had 4G the entire day. The Bionic's wireless tether connects quicker than the D4

The 4G issues are not limited to only the Bionic. My wife and I both tether to our own phones. Whenever she loses 4G, I lose it a second or two later. However, it only takes the Bionic ~20 seconds to regain connection, whereas the D4 takes up to a minute.

I can agree with the Bionic picking up the 4G faster. It picks it up faster than the Razr Maxx also. Of course I will have to verify that since i just got an update last night and installed it this morning. It may have remedied the issue

quizzard

Reaction score
I am going to make an educated guess that the Razr, Razr Maxx, and D4 all use similar hardware, if not the same. The Bionic has been out for a while and Moto/VZW has had time to push out more patches and fix more bugs.

Eventually, all of our phones are going to perform as they should. Update 901/902 fixed most of my problems, but VZW is still having some issues with their towers.
Except that in the case of the Bionic, we'll be able to swap out our batteries if they go bad. :icon_ devil:

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah i cant deny the battery life is bad for some people but not for me an i am going to also take an educated guess that the battery life problem is the same problem the bionic had before the. 893 update cuz from what the tech told me about the rumored update it is going to do the same as the. 893 update except for the data connectivity seeing that the D4 hasnt had any data drops like the bionic did u would think moto would take the bionic as a learning subject to prevent future phones from experiancing the same problems instead of thinking a bigger or thinner battery will solve everything. The battery is not the issue its the software that doesnt use battery life sufficiently but hopefully like i said ics will overhaul the bionic into a lean mean smartphone machine but one can only hope

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was webpage on his tablet they use in the stores now that the ICS update was on. It listed the Razr, Razr Maxx, Rezound, Bionic and three 3G phones which i can't remember what they were that were on the clock soon for ICS. Under the list of phones getting ICS it said "Droid 4 has been removed for the update to ICS at this time". I read it for myself. He did say he expects the D4 to get it but not sure when.

If you go to the motorola website you will see they removed the part saying it was Android 4.0 upgradable but yet the Razr Maxx and Bionic..ect.. is

This is directly from the moto site an was updated 2 weeks ago an the droid 4 is still on the list vzw is just the middle man for moto phones they know next to nothing about updates https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

dags5000

Reaction score
boy i must have some bad luck cuz i went through 8 replacement phones before i finally said hey VZW fix this please an they did :icon_ lala:

8 replacements.... think that about sums it up if you catch my drift.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
I can easily change my sig and say I have a nexus... coming from You I call a bluff .. smh

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
There is little to no possibility that the Droid 4 will have official ICS before the Bionic, RAZR, and RAZR maxx. Moto historically doesn't do that, they always upgrade the OS from the oldest eligible phone to the newest.

I can honestly see the Bionic as being the "test" device for the rest of the Moto lineup. They've done it with everything else, why not ICS? Hence the reason that I will not be updating to ICS until it is proven that it doesn't create an entirely new list of bugs like the GB update with the Droid X and Droid 2/2G.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Sux you had to downgrade. Hope the D4 works out.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can easily change my sig and say I have a nexus... coming from You I call a bluff .. smh

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

U lost me

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is little to no possibility that the Droid 4 will have official ICS before the Bionic, RAZR, and RAZR maxx. Moto historically doesn't do that, they always upgrade the OS from the oldest eligible phone to the newest.

I can honestly see the Bionic as being the "test" device for the rest of the Moto lineup. They've done it with everything else, why not ICS? Hence the reason that I will not be updating to ICS until it is proven that it doesn't create an entirely new list of bugs like the GB update with the Droid X and Droid 2/2G.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sux you had to downgrade. Hope the D4 works out.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

Down grade? How is the D4 a downgrade i would choose this phone over the bionic any day of the week an twice on sunday lol