cya bionic hello Droid 4

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
well i bought the bionic back on September 22nd an had ups an downs with the bionic the main problem i had with it was well of course the data. just to give u guys an idea how heavily i rely on the data usage i live out in BFE an ISPs charge an arm an a leg for a simple 1.5 mbs internet connection ($60 bucks a month) which i pretty much need internet for my daily life bills,jobs,info ect. well after i got fed up with all the problems i called VZW an they just replaced my bionic with a Droid 4 free of charge last Monday an i loooooooooooove the new Droid 4. it made my bionic look like a red headed step child that moto should never have had released. the Droid 4 is the type of phone i paid for not the bionic. If i had a say in it i would have had moto recall all the bionics an have them replace everyone's phone with a moto device of there choosing (provided they wish to stay with moto after the **** up with the bionic) but like my grandpa always said to me when i was younger sh** in one hand and wish in the other an see which ones fill faster. but all in all i am glad i have the Droid 4 an that i am finally out from under that $300 paper weight. all we can do for those that are still experiencing problems is hope that VZW will switch out there phones or the ICS update (god knows when that will come seeing moto never has there priorities straight) will fix the phone as a whole.

EGEM_MAG_COM

Reaction score
I have never had any issues with my bionic.I upgraded From an x, and so far, so good.....not rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with my bionic.I upgraded From an x, and so far, so good.....not rooted.

boy i must have some bad luck cuz i went through 8 replacement phones before i finally said hey VZW fix this please an they did :icon_ lala:

saltrock

Reaction score
Don't try to get me to give my bionic up. I love it.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't try to get me to give my bionic up. I love it.

lmao i am not trying to get anyone to give up there bionic the op is my humble opinion about the bionic i was just one of those few with a bad experience with the phone. it doesn't make the bionic a bad phone just a bad phone for me where the Droid 4 is the best phone for me lol i guess u could call it consumer and phone compatibility issues we just didnt click :biggrin:

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Wow, I didn't know you had those kind of issues. With all the work you put into that 902 update, FMZ fix and Root solution, I figured you were one of the few that had no problems or successfully conquered them all.

Anyways congrats on your new phone; I had thought about waiting for the droid4, loved my OGDroid1.

Thanks for all the work and support with the bionics.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know you had those kind of issues. With all the work you put into that 902 update, FMZ fix and Root solution, I figured you were one of the few that had no problems or successfully conquered them all.

Anyways congrats on your new phone; I had thought about waiting for the droid4, loved my OGDroid1.

Thanks for all the work and support with the bionics.

Lol the fxzs were created in an attempt to fix my replacements but no go lol i pretty much learned my bionic inside and out trying to fix it but still no go ill still be working on the fxzs lol i kinda tricked vzw into letting me keep the bionic but i had to sign an agreement not to activate it on there service ever again and provided vzw with a sample of my fxz files if i wanted to avoid paying a retail price so i guess u could call it a win win situation

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

gobi42

Reaction score
Congrats on the new d4 but I am curious why version wanted a copy of it fxz files

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new d4 but I am curious why version wanted a copy of it fxz files

Lol i threw a sales pitch at them that they couldnt refuse since moto stopped doing it after releasing the the droid x

huskur

Reaction score
Well my opinion differs from the OP. I had the D4 for 2 days and gave that battery sucking hog the boot and returned it. It was OK and all but it wasn't what i wanted. Now, my wife has the Bionic and loves it to death and it performs well with no hiccups. My replacement for the D4 i had is the RAZR MAXX. I am on hour 21 with still 40% battery life and the Maxx is flawless!!! My D4 with the exact same apps running would go 6 to 8 hours between charges. I don't want to be tethered to a wall socket all the time.

Glad you like the D4 though!! Just wasn't for me.

Oh yeah, the last real deal killer, I was told at the VZW store that the D4 was taken off the list for ICS for now and no idea when it will get it or if it would get it at all

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well my opinion differs from the OP. I had the D4 for 2 days and gave that battery sucking hog the boot and returned it. It was OK and all but it wasn't what i wanted. Now, my wife has the Bionic and loves it to death and it performs well with no hiccups. My replacement for the D4 i had is the RAZR MAXX. I am on hour 21 with still 40% battery life and the Maxx is flawless!!! My D4 with the exact same apps running would go 6 to 8 hours between charges. I don't want to be tethered to a wall socket all the time.

Oh yeah, the last real deal killer, I was told at the VZW store that the D4 was taken off the list for ICS for now and no idea when it will get it or if it would get it at all

There is apparently an update coming out for the D4 cuz i called moto asking if there was going to be an extended battery option an they said no but there will be an update to make the phone use less power apparently there is a bug in the phone that is preventing the cpu from scaling down an parts of the system are not using battery life sufficiently but again this is from a moto tech so its only a rumor for now we will see if its true in the next month or so

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

Also i hate virtual keyboards to many spelling errors and what ever rep told u the D4 isnt getting ics is full of BS the D4 ics update is ahead of the bionics currently the razr, razr maxx an droid 4 have full ics updates only problem is they are currently only available for phones that are on services outside the country vzw likes to make things complicated for moto ex. locked bootloaders updates with bloatware ect. So moto has ics ready its just getting the update to at vzws liking thats all before its pushed

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also i hate virtual keyboards to many spelling errors and what ever rep told u the D4 isnt getting ics is full of BS the D4 ics update is ahead of the bionics currently the razr, razr maxx an droid 4 have full ics updates only problem is they are currently only available for phones that are on services outside the country vzw likes to make things complicated for moto ex. locked bootloaders updates with bloatware ect. So moto has ics ready its just getting the update to vzws liking before its pushed

EGEM_MAG_COM

Reaction score
boy i must have some bad luck cuz i went through 8 replacement phones before i finally said hey VZW fix this please an they did :icon_ lala:

Yeah, that happens sometimes w phones.they are supposed to be the same, yet somehow they aren't.if that makes any sense lol