[custom update] JARubiX for the DroidX - rubiX 1.6 tweaked 11/01

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[custom update] JARubiX for the DroidX - rubiX 1.6 tweaked 11/04

This is not an official release by anyone associated with rubiX.. This is an update I simply put together for myself that I thought everyone would like.

First and foremost I want to thank drod2169 for giving us such a wonderful ROM without it this update wouldn't exist...

This update is for rubiX 1.6 and rubiX 1.6 only. If you install this update on any other ROM it can and probably will break your phone.

Disclaimer... I take not responsibility for what you or this update does to your phone, use at your own risk...

This update includes:
- The lowmemorykiller mod - No longer included, as it was implemented in Rubix 1.6
- Hosts file mod
- rounded corners on the status-bar (cause thats how I like it :p) - No longer included, as it was implemented in Rubix 1.6
- updated the Car Home with the new one released by Google that allows customization - Note - after installing this your carhome app will be hidden unless you dock your phone in the car dock.
- The AOSP Keyboard is included - No longer included, as it was implemented in Rubix 1.6
- The updated AOSP Camera with both 8 Mp and 720p - No longer included, as it was implemented in Rubix 1.6
- updated music app to the one used in CyanogenMod - (credit to Cyanogen)
- updated the setting.apk with a transparent Power Control widget - (credit me)
- updated the music.apk with a transparent widget - (credit me)
- updated the news and weather apk with a transparent widget - (credit me)
- added the R2D2 notification ringtone from FlyX (cause I use and love it) - credit to mrbirdman
- Nexus One boot Animation. No longer included
- updated to include a Black Google Voice - (credit me) - If you want to install this you will need to navigate to your /sdcard/JARubix folder and manually install it.
- updated to include a Black Google Talk - (Credit me)

On both the Black GVoice an the Black GTalk I did use "thebowers" "Black N Bold" talk.apk to assist me in making the changes needed..... so I want to make sure I give him credit too!

New in 0.2
- Battery now works in 10% increments.. - (Credit me) - See last screenshot (notice the 70%) No longer included, as it was implemented in Rubix 1.6

New in 0.3

- Fixed a bug where if you are coming from Rubix + a black bar theme - JARubix would not change the clock color to match the vanilla theme

New in 0.4
Updated to support RubiX 1.6

New in 0.5
Small tweaks to the Black Google Talk - Credit me and also Jack_R1
Small tweaks to the Black Google Voice - Credit me
Added the reboot option from Fission - Credit AngDroid - Notice you will need to reinstall the bootstrap after this to avoid booting into recovery on every reboot.

Themes
If you install Rubix themes on this update you will lose the ability to get battery updates in 10% increments!!!

To help in the mean time I have ported my black status bar theme from Fission... Much of this theme was taken from TranQ 3.8 Black so I want to make sure I give credit to P3Droid for his work...

Black Status-Bar Theme

I would also like to thank theecho, who is now hosting this Update

To Install....

Download and save JARubiXFocused.DX.05.zip the two to your sdcard

Open Bootstrap
Tap "Bootstrap Recovery" - if you have not installed yet on new ROM
Tap "Allow" if asked to grant SU Persmission - If you have not granted it SU permission
Tap "OK' on "Success" screen - if you have not installed yet on new ROM
Tap "Reboot Recovery"

You will be booted into Recovery
Use Volume up/down keys to navigate through menu. Press Camera button to Confirm selection. Power button to back up to last menu.

Mount System - Screen will read "UNMOUNT /SYSTEM" when mounted
Back out to Manin Menu
Install Zip From SD Card
Choose Zip From SD Card
Select your Zip File
Yes - Install
Reboot

Screenshots......

jarubix1.png
jarubix2.png

jarubix3.png
jarubix4.png

jarubix5.png
cap2010102916382.jpg

Black Status Bar

cap2010103010052.jpg
cap201010301010.jpg

Oh... and "Yes" the Black GTalk and GVoice will work on any 2.2 ROM but the GTalk will need to be installed via an update or through adb push....

Last edited:

ipawd1

Reaction score
can you post the zip files for just the googletalk and google voice please? Thanks.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
can you post the zip files for just the googletalk and google voice please? Thanks.

No, but you can extract those files and install them yourself if you like.

ipawd1

Reaction score
How do I install the black GOOGLETALk over the one I already have..

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How do I install the black GOOGLETALk over the one I already have..

use root explorer to copy the talk.apk to your /system/app folder

also make sure to set permissionsof talk.apk to match the other apps in that folder. After that reboot and you will have the black google talk

TWong1200

Reaction score
Awesome work! The GoogleVoice black does not change the widget though, does it? If not, what would it take to change the widget to black as well?

Kincaid

Reaction score
Im pretty new at this. I can't seem to make my rom/theme to look like the screen shots you posted. These are the steps I took:

Rooted.
Loaded rubix 1.6 focused w/ rom manager.
Loaded jarubix 1.6 w/ bootstrap.

After loading jarubix nothing seems to have changed. I dont see the transparent widgets (wifi/bluetooth/airplane etc) and the notification icons look the same as regular rubix1.6. Bootstrap says it loaded successfully but im beginning to think otherwise. I followed the steps and even tried again. Mabye its something obvious but im not seeing it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Tesler32

Reaction score
Im pretty new at this. I can't seem to make my rom/theme to look like the screen shots you posted. These are the steps I took:

Rooted.
Loaded rubix 1.6 focused w/ rom manager.
Loaded jarubix 1.6 w/ bootstrap.

After loading jarubix nothing seems to have changed. I dont see the transparent widgets (wifi/bluetooth/airplane etc) and the notification icons look the same as regular rubix1.6. Bootstrap says it loaded successfully but im beginning to think otherwise. I followed the steps and even tried again. Mabye its something obvious but im not seeing it.

Go into ROM Manager choose install rom from SD Card browse to your zip file of the jarubix 1.6 and click ok on the install rom screen ROM Manager will do the rest

Kincaid

Reaction score
I thought that might have worked but when it came back from recovery everything still looked like a fresh rubix install. The build number says rubiX 1.6 focused. Should it be saying jarubix?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I thought that might have worked but when it came back from recovery everything still looked like a fresh rubix install. The build number says rubiX 1.6 focused. Should it be saying jarubix?

No, I don't update the build.prop to show Jarubix

Did your power control widgets work?

Kincaid

Reaction score
Yep the power widget works. I suppose that means it's installed. Awesome. I'm trying to get it to look like the screen shots. Currently shuffling through options to see if I can get the notification screen black and make the dock bar look like the bottom pic with names instead of icons.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Update, now includes the reboot option from the latest Fission.... Thanks to AngDroid :D

mugsy77

Reaction score
Very nice mods and thanks :)