Cracked my screen :(

LostRacer

Reaction score
Well I've found numerous vendors that have different kits available to fix it. However I'm curious if the glass from any of the other models will be compatible... Apparently you can purchase just the glass for the i9250, however every other model has the digitizer tied to them more than quadrupling the price. Anyone no of some place I can purchase the glass? I have the i515.
The functionality works perfect btw.
thanks in advance.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The digitizer is the cheap part actually, so if its just the top layer, that's that digitizer you need to replace, the whole AMOLED display underneath is what makes it expensive, and harder to repair as well.

Sometimes the digitizer by itself is hard to find, but you can get an estimate here from Samsung: Samsung

I'll browse and google around and see if I can help ya find a digitizer.

OP
L

LostRacer

Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate it. I love this phone and I would like to get it fixed. :) I'll check out the link.

azules9780

Reaction score
Did you purchase the part? How did it work? Was it difficult to install? I have never done this before but would be interested in trying it myself if I had a guide.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Well, I guess I'm going to have to be the bearer of bad news. In my experience, SuperAMOLED screens are inseparable. So if you break the glass or AMOLED display, you have to replace the entire screen assembly. I've tried separating the two before, it just isn't possible.

OP
L

LostRacer

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm going to have to be the bearer of bad news. In my experience, SuperAMOLED screens are inseparable. So if you break the glass or AMOLED display, you have to replace the entire screen assembly. I've tried separating the two before, it just isn't possible.
I really wish I came back and read this before hand...
Yes kids. Do not attempt.

View attachment 59709

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Yes. I purchased a new screen to adhere to it. Whatever sticky substance they use will not allow a clean break.

Well, all's not lost. You still have the rest of the phone. you can sell it for parts or you can find a GNex on ebay that has an in tact screen with other issues. I bought one with a bad motherboard (had a short and wouldn't charge) for $130. The rest of the phone is immaculate. Not a scratch on the screen! :happy3:

OP
L

LostRacer

Reaction score
Wowsers. They're going for about $175 now for the full deal. I may just do that or pick one up locally. But you're right. Maybe I can find one as a parts donor :)

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Here, I found this for you. Let me know if you're going to pass on it, because I will grab it if you don't. :biggrin:

Last edited: