Dropped Phone, screen cracked. Verizon BS

astang99

Reaction score
That's wrong, this is not my first Droid and I've dropped my others...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

iRenegade

Reaction score
I dropped my TB yesterday-okay it was more of a toss out of my chest pocket. It totally slipped and bounced on the sidewalk. The lower casing edge is cracked but the glass is intact, everything seems to be working. I just ordered a TPU case from eBay, and it'll suffice until I figure out what case is most battery swapping friendly. Up until yesterday I was a "no-case" sort of guy!

Last edited:

andrey

Reaction score
i've had my phone for 2 weeks now. dropped it twice. once on a tile floor in a store and once some wooden floor from about 10 feet up. nothing broke. did get a few scratches from dropping in on tile though. guess its how it lands. btw. my phone is completely naked. i do have insurance through verizon and i pay only 5.99 a month. dont know what the deductible runs at but ive never had any problems getting replacements. broke my BB a year ago and the tech told me to report it lost. and keep the memory card and the battery for spare.

iRenegade

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Andrey-at least I know I'm not alone! And now I know hwhat to say when my TB goes kaput!

km04

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your TB, let us know how the repair goes.

joewilly013

Reaction score
My experience with purchase protection is they only reimburse up to the purchase price of the phone. Then, you will be still locked into a smart phone contract and will have to go buy a new phone at full retail price ($700 or whatever it is), or early terminate your contract for a penalty.

soulripp

Reaction score
Now I know why they raised the price of insurance

sent from my HTC thunderbolt

lordsage

Reaction score
I got mine at best buy. Black tie covers anything except loss. And if it needs to be replaced you get a new one not a refurb

Ranger32

Reaction score
Yep, paid with AMEX card. Are you saying AMEX will intervene and force Verizon to honor the insurance for the TB regardless of phone number? Also, any of you with asurion know what it covers? Is there a deductible?

Hdeez, I have an amex gold card and I have the used the buyers protection for several cell phones. You just fill out an online form, mail or fax them pictures of the cracked screen, and they credit your account for the amount you put on your card up to a $1000 a year. They only credit the amount put on the card, not the value of the phone at time of purchase which stinks if you used an upgrade, but at least you can get back $250 or $200 or whatever you paid. I have used it 3 times and have never had to send them the damaged device, so I just fixed the phone and also got credited the cost of the phone. Hope this helps...

edbdroid

Reaction score
Insurance

It doesn't matter what device you have, what carrier you're on, or the retailer from which you bought your phone - unless they offer their own protection plan.

Asurion is the insurance provider, and complaining to wirefly, verizon, or anybody else ain't gonna accomplish squat.

It'd be like complaining to Ford if Allstate decides to refuse your claim. The company you bought it from is *not* the company who insures it.

OP
H

hdeez

Reaction score
Ok guys, I just got my digitizer in from Hong Kong. It only took like 3 weeks to come in. Im gonna follow the directions from repairuniverse that seem straight forward. I need to use some sort of putty/tape/glue to bind the digitizer to the case. Any info you all can give me without having to order anything online? I was even thinking of reusing the old glue if possible. Thanks all