Dropped Phone, screen cracked. Verizon BS

hdeez

Reaction score
Well I dropped my phone earlier with the seido case on and it cracked the glass real good. It landed face down on concrete. Phone still works but had to put tape over the glass. Heres the dilemma...

Ordered from Amazon Wireless through other family share plan line and had it transfered to my number after getting it in. I ordered the phone with Asurion insurance but apparently the insurance did not transfer with the phone when I had the phone transfered back to my phone number. After a lengthy convo with a verizon rep they said the insurance is on the initial line even though I ordered the insurance on this phone when I placed the amazon order. She called Asurion to see if there was anything that could be done and they said no (of course). So now its probably documented on Asurions end. I did enroll for the insurance now but does that help me with my current issue?

Can anyone give me some tips of what may be the best plan of action at this point? Im really pissed. I can order the glass and do it myself but if I take the phone apart is that going to screw me in the future if anything else happens and I need to send it in....the stupid void sticker? I have a feeling someone knows what i can do to get them to take care of it.

Thanks, Sam

n0yxl

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It's going to be an insurance claim(obviously), hopefully the things can get straitened out between you, and the administrator.

cpjr

Reaction score
Not anything you can do but repair it yourself. The insurance is based on the # (the line) because people normally keep the same # but may switch phones so it just makes sense, unless your trying to beat the system and use another # to upgrade.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Sam.

Like driving a new Corvette with a wiped out passenger side.

Last edited:
OP
H

hdeez

Reaction score
Yea it definitely blows right now. Im about to order a new digitizer and just do it myself. For everyone that may have done something similar...Make sure you dont order the phone insurance with the phone and other line. Switch the lines and then order the insurance on your phone line because the insurance you ordered for the phone does not automatically transfer too. It amazes me that companies continue to thrive by NOT doing the right thing.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Yea it definitely blows right now. Im about to order a new digitizer and just do it myself. For everyone that may have done something similar...Make sure you dont order the phone insurance with the phone and other line. Switch the lines and then order the insurance on your phone line because the insurance you ordered for the phone does not automatically transfer too. It amazes me that companies continue to thrive by NOT doing the right thing.

If you keep your cool and explain it calmly they should understand and help you. Just work your way up the chain. Calmly.

I have to make those kind of decisions at work and when somebody starts dropping F bombs my immediate answer is NO.

OP
H

hdeez

Reaction score
Yea I was very calm on the phone with amazon and verizon...Pissing someone off definitely gets you nowhere. I am going to call asurion tomorrow since they were closed and see what can be done. I actually already ordered the digitizer from this site for 43 bucks shipped. Maybe this will help others in the future.

New Original Touch Screen digitizer for HTC Thunderbolt 4G Incredible HD / 6400

Im a complete gearhead and have taken my laptop apart twice to replace the screen and cmos battery on motherboard. Im hoping this replacement should be a lot easier. Its just that once I take that void sticker off it may screw me in the future if anything happens with the phone. Im gonna try and be very careful taking it off.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Yea I was very calm on the phone with amazon and verizon...Pissing someone off definitely gets you nowhere. I am going to call asurion tomorrow since they were closed and see what can be done. I actually already ordered the digitizer from this site for 43 bucks shipped. Maybe this will help others in the future.

New Original Touch Screen digitizer for HTC Thunderbolt 4G Incredible HD / 6400

Im a complete gearhead and have taken my laptop apart twice to replace the screen and cmos battery on motherboard. Im hoping this replacement should be a lot easier. Its just that once I take that void sticker off it may screw me in the future if anything happens with the phone. Im gonna try and be very careful taking it off.

I feel your pain. Be really careful and you should be fine.

At least the phone still works.

iRenegade

Reaction score
Did you pay with a credit card? Most cards have buyer protection. You may be covered!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
H

hdeez

Reaction score
Yep, paid with AMEX card. Are you saying AMEX will intervene and force Verizon to honor the insurance for the TB regardless of phone number? Also, any of you with asurion know what it covers? Is there a deductible?

iRenegade

Reaction score
Amex has a buyer protection plan and will replace your phone if it can't be fixed. They cover loss, breakage, theft. Definitely give them a holla! I think you will be pleasantly surprised! You can probably google it before you make the call, so you will know what to tell them(and what not to tell them-if anything!). Good luck!

Here ya go:

https://www212.americanexpress.com/...&name=purchaseprotection_ccsg_faq&type=intfaq

Last edited:
OP
H

hdeez

Reaction score
Did a little Googling and found out that the total equipment coverage charges a 99 dollar deductible per claim. Well the digitizer was 40 bucks and hopefully after I install it everything will be like before. So with that said, and if you did the math I guess its cheaper for me to just go this route anyway. The verizon rep added the insurance to the phone for the future and I will call Verizon back tomorrow to make sure the enrollment is in fact taken care of.

Ill be sure to post some detailed instructions of the digitizer replacement when and if it goes smooth, haha.

OP
H

hdeez

Reaction score
Thanks iRenegade, I was writing the last post as you posted that.