Cracked my screen, where to order a new one???

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Similar problem, but a blemish appeared on my screen after a drop. Have the insurance but they want $100 for replacement deductible. Is the blemish caused by a crack. None visible, but blemish grows when pressure placed on screen below area. Almost looks like water between the protector and the screen.

this just happened to me ... do I have to replace the screen?

my phone (not connected) has been sitting in the center console of my car for 2-3 weeks and I noticed today when I looked at the screen this ink-like blemish that stretches when I put pressure on it or on the back of the phone... I put on a paint program to test if the screen had dead spots and it did not..... functions perfect but its a little discolored when touching around that area... I thought it could be weather related from the hot and cold days.... I'd be surprised if it could have been damaged sitting with a bunch of papers in a car

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

Steve91T

Reaction score
Hey guys, so my new screen had been working great until last week when my wife dropped the phone in the cat's water bowl. I instantly pulled the battery and then took it apart. The inside of the screen had become very dirty, so I needed to take it apart to clean it anyway. I was surprised to see that it was bone dry inside. Just a hint of moisture on the very edges of the circuit board. I cleaned the screen and put it back together, it was like brand new again. But, I quickly noticed that the touch screen doesn't work well at all. It obviously damaged from the swim. I have ordered a new one and I'm hoping that'll fix the problem, because right now my phone is almost unusable.

So, this brings up my next question. After a week or two, my screen is dirty again, obviously on the inside. I can't figure out why this is happening. There must be a seal that breaks when you replace the screen. Has anyone figured out how to replace this seal to keep dirt and crap out? Maybe a light coating of silicone? I can't stand a dirty screen and one that I can't clean is even worse.

Thanks,
Steve

dAi

Reaction score
this just happened to me ... do I have to replace the screen?

my phone (not connected) has been sitting in the center console of my car for 2-3 weeks and I noticed today when I looked at the screen this ink-like blemish that stretches when I put pressure on it or on the back of the phone... I put on a paint program to test if the screen had dead spots and it did not..... functions perfect but its a little discolored when touching around that area... I thought it could be weather related from the hot and cold days.... I'd be surprised if it could have been damaged sitting with a bunch of papers in a car

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Let a pro tech do it for u and not urself. I followed exatlctly the steps foudn in YouTube and mic don't work or soft keys

leftspin

Reaction score
Let a pro tech do it for u and not urself. I followed exatlctly the steps foudn in YouTube and mic don't work or soft keys

What do you mean softkeys don't work...? They're basically all soft keys.

OP
S

Steve91T

Reaction score

Did you open it up again and check your connections? I've had it opened twice now and haven't had any problems.

OP
S

Steve91T

Reaction score
I've got my new screen in the mail, I just need to run out and get a new torx. I'm going to do that tomorrow.

So, right now I have a dog hair inside my screen, driving me crazy. Anybody have any solutions? Anyone else replace their screen and then get dirt inside after?