[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

jerroedr

Reaction score
1. Do you mean menu key?
2. It's not added to source yet.
3. Those well be added back in my next build. I use integrated settings.
4. Yea but there not very good quality. I would recommend haxsync from the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yep! A Menu key! Like the blue soft keys with a menu option.
and thanks for the answers on the other questions. Ill have to check out that app

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yep! A Menu key! Like the blue soft keys with a menu option.
and thanks for the answers on the other questions. Ill have to check out that app

There will be a option to add a search key but not the menu key yet.

jerroedr

Reaction score
There will be a option to add a search key but not the menu key yet.

Well shoot. Anyway things seem to be running smoothly. Thanks! Do you use the memory management stuff? I know the d1 needed help, but am unsure what the settings on the nex should be

viper4881

Reaction score
Hello Winner,

I've rooted my GNex a couple times and tried other ROMs. I just tried flashing the NIGHTLY toro from the mirror site and it's looping on the reboot animation for almost 20 minutes. Tried reflashing a different ROM from recovery but get an error. Now, rebooting again and still looping. Is this supposed to happen? PLease don't tell me i bricked it.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Hello Winner,

I've rooted my GNex a couple times and tried other ROMs. I just tried flashing the NIGHTLY toro from the mirror site and it's looping on the reboot animation for almost 20 minutes. Tried reflashing a different ROM from recovery but get an error. Now, rebooting again and still looping. Is this supposed to happen? PLease don't tell me i bricked it.

not normal... did you get it figured out? I would ask rescue squad on that

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
Hello Winner,

restore to a nandroid backup (i pray you were that smart to make one). download again (you can even download via ROM mgr) and check your md5 sum. ensure to wipe data / cache before flashing again.

viper4881

Reaction score
I used a script to restore a backup. Will prob wait til CM is stable to try again.

PresPPsP

Reaction score
Does this build require a data wipe? I wiped cache/dalvik, flashed this build, flashed gapps, flashed blue soft buttons then flashed franco kernel. It boots but System UI crashes immediately. No navigation bar or notification tray. Launcher starts but if you open an app, you have no way to exit. (no navigation buttons) Battery running low so I can't try flashing w/o custom kernel yet. Anyone else seeing this behavior? -Josh

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
adb shell "sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'delete from system where name="nav_buttons"'"

If that doesn't work go to the location in that command and delete settings.db

Reaction score
Hey winner, why no link to a stable release. I flashed the other day, and everything seems to be working. Am i missing something?

PresPPsP

Reaction score
Winner doesn't do stables, he takes the latest nightlies from CM and then add the latest gerrit additions and a few of his own customizations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Upgraded to the 8 Mar. build with Franco's milestone kernel last night. Everything looks good so far, nice and smooth. Still running 4.0.3 GApps, though...don't have time to do full data wipe and restore right now. No problems, though.