Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes it takes upwards of 5 mins now..

stacia

Reaction score
I just tried getting to the recovery screen and the volume down buttom won't scroll for me to select it, volume up will select the top option to startup normally however. Does anyone know another way to get into recovery?

I hate to post on an old old old zombie thread but I'm having this exact same issue. It happened to me last month when I went to clean the cache, but after trying about a dozen times (sigh) it worked. It just won't work this time. Any thoughts on what's going on? I've cleared the cache a ton of times without problem until recently.

stacia

Reaction score
Just to follow up months later, I discovered my problem was that I needed to hold down the buttons longer in step one. That is, when the phone is powered off, I held the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEYS together, then pressed the POWER KEY, then made sure I held it for a solid second before letting go and scrolling down. I was apparently letting go of the POWER KEY too quickly.

I know that sounds weird but it seems to have fixed my issue.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted your solution. Years ago I was having trouble logging into another forum while using my wap browser on a flip phone. Turned out I was not undoing the auto cap the first letter on the keyboard when attempting to put my password in. Took months before the lightbulb came on.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Glad you got the issue resolved and thanks for sharing. They say better late(r) than never! ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk