Cellular South Milestone/Droid

swj

Reaction score
APN Solution

I am still researching rooting/using custom roms for a cellular south milestone; however, since the APN thing seems to be an issue...I did some research.

Has any anyone used the following to back up and restore APNs after loading a custom rom?

APN Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

Thanks.

keets

Reaction score
I tried that software to backup the APN for Bluegrass and didn't have any luck. It would backup but when I went to restore it, the process would look like it succeeded but the APN would not show up. I even used XML file it created to get the settings and tried imputing the settings manually. No luck there either. The APN would disappear once I entered in a certain setting into the configuration. I can't remember what the setting was, but as soon as I entered that setting, the saved APN would disappear. Weird. Anyway, I haven't looked into it any further because mms really doesn't concern me.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Keets

swj

Reaction score
Also...is there a recommended 2.2 rom(s) for the droid (cellular south milestone), that contains nothing Verizon specific?

I guess what I am asking is...

Does bugless or cyangenmod by default install a verizon APN?

Last edited:

e.aguilar76

Reaction score
i am having issues with my droid 2 aswell. I guess I cant send or receive mms messages. The phone has been flashed to cricket. I can make calls, and texts, also internet works fine. But MMS is my big issue. PLease, PLease help.