Need help with alltel milestone rooting. (If even possible)

nevilos

Reaction score
I have a alltel motorola milestone and was wondering if i could even root it...? I've done some research but end up with more questions than answers. I was hoping some1 could shed some light on this issue with me. My phone info is:

Model number: a854
Firmware: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: c_01.07.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.29-omap1
dcn637@zch45lnxdroid24 #1
Build number: Miler_x1_00.26.1

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm not sure is the Milestone can be rooted. I've passed your request to some other members of the rescue squad. Someone will follow up.

Mike

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no the second post is showing u that someone else rooted with that method. the way to root is in the first link.

OP
N

nevilos

Reaction score
I have rsd lite on my PC installed with proper drivers. I got my phone in boot loader mode but when I tried to flash it with rsd it says it failed. I'm stuck there. I am TRYING to use bugless beast 0.5. Perhaps the sprecovery file wrong? And I also see no options to backup default settings. Sorry for mass probably. Just trying for better understandings. plz tell me if u notice anything wrong.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Is the Alltel Milestone different from the one they sell overseas? GSM vs. CDMA
I know the one overseas has a locked bootloader and requires some fancy footwork to install ROM's. BB 0.5 is for Droid only I believe.

OP
N

nevilos

Reaction score
I honestly don't even know which my phone is much less the difference between the two. Is there anyway to figure it out? And any recommended roms?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You cannot put a Droid ROM on a Milestone. They're too different. However...

CyanogenMod 6.1.0 RC4 for Milestone | android.doshaska.net

If you read the thread I just posted you will see that the alltel milestone is just a cdma Droid, not the GSM version w/ locked bootloader
I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding to an earlier one about putting Bugless Beast on a Milestone. I didn't know that this Milestone was basically the same thing as a regular Droid 1 -- however, I've also seen some people have major issues with their AM after rooting, so...

If it's unlocked, it's unlocked. Root and have fun. Try z4root.

OP
N

nevilos

Reaction score