Cellular South Milestone/Droid SBF

Athero

Reaction score
With the release of the Cellular South A854 Milestone/Droid rebrand, users of US Cellular and other providers that use [email protected] instead of [email protected] (cricket, vzw, metro) will finally be able to get 1x/EVDO working. In particular, the radio doesn't overwrite the HA authentication fields on reboot. However, the Cellular South sbf hasnt been leaked yet. If anyone has access to this, I encourage them to share with the community not only for this purpose, but also so Cellular South users can flash back to stock for warranty/personal reasons.

More info

FOUND!

Thank you to a very special somebody, you know who you are!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1aizix123ty40i/MILER_X1_00260_MILER_CDMA_BP_0.sbf

Last edited:
OP
A

Athero

Reaction score
What do I need to look for?

I assume you mean the firmware? Or was that in response to the PM I sent you? If so, I figured because you were active on multiple CS forums/threads you might be interested in this one as well.

OP
A

Athero

Reaction score
It has been found! See original post!

awmartin

Reaction score
With the release of the Cellular South A854 Milestone/Droid rebrand, users of US Cellular and other providers that use [email protected] instead of [email protected] (cricket, vzw, metro) will finally be able to get 1x/EVDO working. In particular, the radio doesn't overwrite the HA authentication fields on reboot. However, the Cellular South sbf hasnt been leaked yet. If anyone has access to this, I encourage them to share with the community not only for this purpose, but also so Cellular South users can flash back to stock for warranty/personal reasons.

More info

FOUND!

Thank you to a very special somebody, you know who you are!

MILER_X1_00260_MILER_CDMA_BP_0.sbf

So does anybody know if this will work with Nex-Tech Wireless? Nex-Tech Wireless is a Kansas based wireless telco that has the Motorola Milestone A854, and I am assuming that it would work, but would like to know if anyone knows for sure. I had to actually send my phone in to Motorola because some moron, me, decided to flash a baseband update that was from Verizon to it and it pretty much killed it, well, it worked, but not on Nex-Tech's network and they said that they couldn't fix it. I am kind of kicking my ass for not doing a little more research before sending it in to Moto since it cost me $125 for them to fix it and i might have been able to flash this sbf file to get it to work?

givemerock1130

Reaction score
Ya please let us know if it would work with Nex-tech. I did the exact same thing as the above poster. Please help or tell me where i can get an update zip that would fix my 3g

awmartin

Reaction score
did yours lose the 3g network too?

Yes, I lost my 3G Network and where I would normally get all 4 bars on the Milestone, I only got 1 or 2. It acted like it wasn't connecting to Nex-Tech's Towers.

Here is where I am at now. I have sent my Nex-Tech phone off to get repaired by Motorola, however, I think I might have shot myself in the foot because of this Cellular South sbf file that is out there.

I had my Motorola Droid from Verizon and I flashed the Cellular South sbf file to it yesterday and the result was stock Motorola Milestone A854. I think if I would have done that to my Nex-Tech Milestone before taking it into Nex-Tech, the people in Hays would not have been able to tell that it had been rooted and they would have been able to flash the Nex-Tech software to the phone, but instead, I took it in still rooted and they figured it out and told me that it had voided my warranty and all that good ****.

So, my question to you is, have you already taken your phone into Nex-Tech to see what they could do and have they already found out that your phone was rooted? If they haven't, you might be in luck and you can use this Cellular South sbf file to flash your phone back to stock Milestone and then take it to them and have them fix it for free!

If the Great Bend store already knows, maybe you could take it to the Hays store and see if they can fix it without them knowing that it was rooted...

Let me know if you decide you want to try that sbf file and if you are not sure how to flash it, I can give you a link to a good tutorial on how to flash sbf files. It is really easy, it took me about 10 minutes yesterday.

Also, if you do flash it and are successful in taking it back to Nex-Tech to have them flash their software back to it, could I get some settings from you after you get back on their network so I can use my Verizon Droid while I wait for my Nex-Tech Milestone to get back from repairs.

DrHogie

Reaction score
I'm a Cellular South user, and I just downloaded this .sbf and reflashed my phone to get it back to stock. The only problem is that now, the phone is not wanting to activate with Cellular South . . . It sends me through the Activate setup, and dials the activate number -- only problem is it calls Verizon instead of Cellular South. Has anyone tried using this file and gotten it working with a CellSouth phone?

EDIT: Got out of the activate system, and used Voice Dialer to "Open APNs" -- there's only one APN there called Distribution, and the settings here are nothing like what I remember seeing on the CellSouth version. If anyone's got any ideas, please let me know. It's not bricked, but it's kinda useless right now.

Thanks in advance,
DrHogie

Last edited:

DrHogie

Reaction score
I really hope this is just idiocy on my part -- and I'm really hoping y'all can give me some advice to fix this -- but I flashed the MILER.SBF listed at the top of this thread and it would appear it over-wrote the baseband/radio on my phone. My phone is Cellular South, and I installed it. I called to activate the phone, and it now calls a Verizon number to try and activate the phone.

I managed to re-root the phone, and restored a nandroid backup that I had. Even after a successful nandroid restore, the phone is still trying to activate via Verizon. The only thing I can figure is the radio/baseband was re-flashed. Has anyone used this file successfully? And if so, what am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this?

If anyone's got any advice, I'd love to hear it. Thanks guys,
DrHogie

EDIT: When I went to Cellular South to get my Hero re-activated, I took a snapshot of the display Milestone's information. The display Milestone A854 for CellSouth shows a Baseband version of C_02.05.00R, and Build number of MILER_X1_01.22.0. My Milestone after reflashing the SBF at the start of the thread shows the same Build number, but a baseband of C_01.07.00R. Just trying to add as much information to the thread as I can.

Last edited:

DrHogie

Reaction score
What do I need to look for?

I assume you mean the firmware? Or was that in response to the PM I sent you? If so, I figured because you were active on multiple CS forums/threads you might be interested in this one as well.
how does one use sbf file thingy???

Don't.

This SBF WILL brick your phone as far as Cellular South is concerned. It overwrites your radio with Verizon's radio, and your phone is unable to connect to Cellular South anymore. I've got the brick at home to prove it. Rewriting APNs doesn't fix the problem.

unluckytacos

Reaction score
how does one use sbf file thingy???

Don't.

This SBF WILL brick your phone as far as Cellular South is concerned. It overwrites your radio with Verizon's radio, and your phone is unable to connect to Cellular South anymore. I've got the brick at home to prove it. Rewriting APNs doesn't fix the problem.
i hace a cellular south milestone and it recently crashed. is there anyway to restore it

DrHogie

Reaction score
Define "crashed" -- were you trying to flash a new ROM or recovery image on it? If you were, and something went haywire . . you're possible SOL if you're a Cellular South customer. If the phone's just acting wonky, you can reset it to factory defaults (Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset).

If you didn't try anything warranty-voiding on the phone, just take it back to the store and get them to replace it under warranty. Otherwise, there's different things you can try, but they have varying levels of success. Some folks have claimed they've been able to do full restores of a CellSouth Milestone -- but I haven't found a complete set of instructions on how they did it.