Need help with alltel milestone rooting. (If even possible)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I couldn't tell you. Ultimate Droid 6 is two generations of UD behind, and nobody seems to have themed the odxed stock you're running now. Probably for a very good reason.

OP
N

nevilos

Reaction score
where exactly do i find Rom's for me to download on this website? and when searching for some.... what should i type in? "roms for droid"? I'm trying to be able to do this myself and now have to harrass yall all the time..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Individual ROMs are usually linked to in the stickies at the top of each Dev's subforum.

If you're set on having a theme tonight then I'll pick a ROM and a theme for you and talk you through installation, but you'll have to do a system/data cache wipe to install the ROM, so back up all the data you don't want to lose, like texts. Your contacts should be backed up with Google and will automatically restore.

OP
N

nevilos

Reaction score
sounds great.. lets do that.. i already have odexed version backed.. so pick something for me and lets start this show

OP
N

nevilos

Reaction score
i just dont know how to find roms that are compatible with my droid. and then themes compatible with the rom... jus so lost.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it's just a rebranded Motorola Droid then all the ROMs for the Droid 1 are compatible. :)

CyanogenMod Nighly Build 191 has exactly one theme for it, so we'll do that. In fact, it comes pre-themed. Lucky us! :)

cm_sholes_full-191.zip

Download that. Rename it update.zip and put it on the root of your SD card, just like you did with the first ROM you installed. Procedure is identical.

Now, you'll need the app pack. This will give you the Market, the e-mail apps, Twitter, etc.

http://cyanogenmod-mirror.local.host.name/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip

Also an update.zip installation.

After you flash you need to go into Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Tweaks extras > Select a theme STOCK_Black....then reboot so the notifications writing is the right color.

Let me know how that goes -- but make sure your phone is charged up to at least 70% before beginning any flashes.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
What updates? :) When I say standard update.zip install I mean rename the file update.zip, place on the root of the SD card, and allow update.zip then install update.zip (deprecated) in SPRecovery. :)