Cases that actually fit the extended battery?

seventwozero

Reaction score
I've tried a couple cases from the Verizon store, a gel case and a two piece Incipio, neither of which really fit the extended battery. I just saw the video fro the SGP hybrid, which looks like an awesome case, but when then reviewer puts the extended batter in, the case fits very poorly.

So, I'm hoping a few of you have tried enough cases and have some suggestions of cases that actually fit ​the extended battery.

Edit: Fit without having to remove the battery plate, or modify it any sort of manner.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The otterbox defender that is made for the stock battery fits perfect with the extended battery and new back plate - been using the two from day one :)

OP
S

seventwozero

Reaction score
The otterbox defender that is made for the stock battery fits perfect with the extended battery and new back plate - been using the two from day one :)

I've been debating the defender to use while I'm at work, I had a Kraken on my X and loved the protection it provided. For day to day use though I think the defender is far too bulky for me needs... I should maybe edit my post to reflect that, although it would be nice if this thread turned into a database of sorts of extended battery cases.

JKZ

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Incipio NGP with the extended battery and cover. It fits perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

I have no idea why their website states it doesn't fit the extended battery. It's probably the best fitting case I have tried yet. Works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

seventwozero

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Incipio NGP with the extended battery and cover. It fits perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

I have no idea why their website states it doesn't fit the extended battery. It's probably the best fitting case I have tried yet. Works great.

How is the texture of the case? Is it more rubbery (that would attract lint) or more like a smooth gel sort of case? The Incipio case I tried was the silicrylic case, which is an awesome fitting/looking case with the stock batter, but quite the opposite with the extended.

JJDH

Reaction score
Cruzerlite androidified and diztronic. Amazon.com

JKZ

Reaction score
How is the texture of the case? Is it more rubbery (that would attract lint) or more like a smooth gel sort of case? The Incipio case I tried was the silicrylic case, which is an awesome fitting/looking case with the stock batter, but quite the opposite with the extended.

It's definitely very smooth. Does not attract lint. Sometimes I almost wish it had just a tad more grip to it. It can be a little slippery feeling.

OP
S

seventwozero

Reaction score
It's definitely very smooth. Does not attract lint. Sometimes I almost wish it had just a tad more grip to it. It can be a little slippery feeling.

I don't suppose you have a picture you could post with the extended battery fitment?

OP
S

seventwozero

Reaction score
Cruzerlite androidified and diztronic. Amazon.com

The Cruzerlite Androidified is a sharp case! And for about $10, it's hard to beat. The fit looks fairly good although it appears there is a small gap around the speaker cutout? Maybe I'm just being a little too picky?

capt. dan

Reaction score
I have the Seidio surface case and use the extended battery with the stock back and the cover fits snug but good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have the Seidio surface case and use the extended battery with the stock back and the cover fits snug but good.

Stock back fits over the extended battery? Nice! Did you really have to force it or anything?

BDNYY23

Reaction score
Seidio now has two models made specifically for the LTE GNex with the official extended battery (2100mah). I think it is the Surface and the Convert case, you can find those on their website.

I have been using the Cruzerlite Androidified A2 with the extended battery and that fits great. There have been some issues that the openings for the headphones or charging port are not big enough, but mine are fine. And since you can get them buy 2, get one free from Amazon, I got three cases for $20, can't beat that.

OP
S

seventwozero

Reaction score

Did you have to modify the stock back to fit with the extended?